Thread: X axis then Y axis....

Default X axis then Y axis....

Well, I finally got my x-axis stall fixed. It was the motor, thank you tech support. Unfortunately, as soon as I got that fixed, another problem started on the very next carve. The CW cuts all the way to the left side, the gears click, and the Y-axis stalls. I called tech support and they told me it was most likely dust inside my y-axis motor, on the back side of the housing. If it's not that, then it's time to replace that motor as well. I opened it up and it was a clean as can be. I will re-assemble it tomorrow evening after a bit of blowing out and cleaning up the gears, but it looks like I'll be waiting on the y-axis motor until after Christmas...lol. I've been doing my signs with my laser engraver while the CW is down. It makes for some interesting experience, but it's nowhere near as efficient for carving. Hopefully I will have it back up and running after the first of the year. Wish me luck!

Check to see if you have any play in the Y gear. If so you might need new bearings and possibly the gear. Also look at your FSC cable for any cracks/breaks. Most common spot is right at the flex point on the black support bracket.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Floyd is correct sounds like the Y gear housing bearings. When you removed the Y motor assemble check the gear that the y belt runs on. Any play and the bearings need to be replaced. Al - aka digitalwoodshop has several pictures on it.

As I understand you had a bad X Motor... that is very unusual... I have had one bad motor, a Z that was caused by me when the FSC Cable snagged because I did not put that little black plastic cable holder on and it let the FSC Cable droop... It was pulled out as the head went to the Bit Plate and under power and the cable ripped out on a down angle shorting out the motor...

Honestly... I would pull the Power Supply, Computer, and the (Mark as Bad) Old X and New X, Y and Z Motor and send them to LHR for Evaluation....

I am taking a WAG, Wild AL Guess that the reason the Y is going off in one direction is due to the SERVO DRIVER inside the Computer is BLOWN.... They do a Balance Act keeping the motor stationary then move per the computer command... So a Drive off in one direction is usually a BLOWN Servo Driver...

Just my opinion.... Been down this path many times while working at Sony. I finally started putting a external fuse in the circuit to blow before the servo driver during a jam.

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 12-11-2013 at 07:09 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com