Thread: How Do I Do This In Designer?

Default How Do I Do This In Designer?

I have an idea for a sign, that I would like to make for someone as a surprise gift. The attached image will illustrate my concept (though, a bit crude), and I wondered if this type of cut configuration could be achieved in Designer? If not, what would I have to do - or need to have - in order to do as I desire?

As always, advanced thanks.

Blessings,
    Nathan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sign.jpg  
    ~ Blessings ~
    Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by NLAlston View Post
    I have an idea for a sign, that I would like to make for someone as a surprise gift. The attached image will illustrate my concept (though, a bit crude), and I wondered if this type of cut configuration could be achieved in Designer? If not, what would I have to do - or need to have - in order to do as I desire?

As always, advanced thanks.

Blessings,
    Nathan
    will this one do
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

I'm not as good as some of the people here that have the experience but this was my concept of what you wanted. Sorry wrong picture

Quote Originally Posted by henry1 View Post
    will this one do
    Yours is very nice, and I could surely see using it in another sign project. But your sign (though, again, quite nice) wouldn't work too well with what I have in mind. I have a pattern of a rose, within a circular frame, that I wish to carve into the rounded mid-section of what I had shown. To the left, and right of the rose will be the text.
    ~ Blessings ~
    Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by aokweld101 View Post
    I'm not as good as some of the people here that have the experience but this was my concept of what you wanted. Sorry wrong picture
    Yes, you have done almost exactly as I had wanted to. I wanted the very thing that you have shown, save for the dashed (cut?) lines which references the sides of the circular portion. But it is understandable why that may have happened, because my illustration showed a circular frame (I will be carving a circular pattern in the middle area of the sign) running through the sign's center.

Thanks.
    ~ Blessings ~
    Nathan

Knowing what you wanted I put the seahorse in there so you could see how your pattern would go I left room where it could be inverted or exerted, on the seahorse delete it and put your rose pattern use the merge tool, additive or subtractive to your liking and the draft to have not so sharp edges on the rose.... Don't get flustered....as I was told..... "play with it"