Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: my machine is haveing issues

Default my machine is haveing issues

I'm running a project that is giving me problems, I think the machine is possessed, I run the project it starts stay under the rollers, I say no the board is long enough.. it runs the board for width and length it spits the board out telling me I have to load the board again, when I get it past that and start the project again, it gets about midway and the z motor goes haywire and starts going back and forth I then after all that it tells me roller is stuck error I turn the roller and it turns as easy as the front I get past that error and the check board sensor goes on ....all right what in the heck do I check...sincerely yours ....LOST

Make sure the board is straight and flat.
    THen place the board back in the machine and do a measure. To see if the CW measures it the same as you do.
    As for roller, it is telling you it is not releasing, may be dust under the micro switch on end of roller. Check that and clean. I am sure others will be here shortly giving you better advice.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by aokweld101 View Post
    I'm running a project that is giving me problems, I think the machine is possessed, I run the project it starts stay under the rollers, I say no the board is long enough.. it runs the board for width and length it spits the board out telling me I have to load the board again, when I get it past that and start the project again, it gets about midway and the z motor goes haywire and starts going back and forth I then after all that it tells me roller is stuck error I turn the roller and it turns as easy as the front I get past that error and the check board sensor goes on ....all right what in the heck do I check...sincerely yours ....LOST
    Crank the head up enough to compress the roller by hand and use air pressure to blow out the sensor on the keypad side. Sawdust gets packed between the switch and the plate and won't let the roller un-compress. If this doesn't work you may have to remove the end panel to expose the switch and blow out the saw dust.
    Steve

The spitting the board out is a dirty/stuck compression roller switch, do a sensor check for the compression rollers.

For your other problems I would start with doing a re format of the card.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

5. Default

If I remember correctly, the board coming out the front would be the rear roller stuck, board out the back is the front roller stuck. As said above, crank the head up and push the roller up and down by hand while shooting air into the switch end. Then do the same to the none switch side also. Use the keypad to check the rollers while moving them up and down. It should switch between compressed and released as you move them.

On my way outside to check the roller sensor I hope that is the problem now is not a good time to go down with Christmas and all...Our good friend Lawrence is going to be visiting me in a couple of days....... I hope I don't have to put him to work....lmao

Hope you have a great visit with Lawerence. I hope he is enjoying his trip!

If the board is thinner than .5", it will be spit out. What is the thickness of your board? Although, it's probably just a dirty roller switch - blow it out with forced air whilst squishing the roller up and down during the cleaning...you know, the switch is located at the end of the roller nearest the keypad. Inspect your board sensor while you're at it to see if any dust has gotten behind the clear window. If so, you'll need to remove the window and replace it.
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 12-05-2013 at 01:34 PM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

I did the sensor check for the rollers and at first it showed compressed and not compressed now it shows compressed when it's not.. how do I fix it? It is the back roller... 3/4 board

I did the sensor check for the rollers and at first it showed compressed and not compressed now it shows compressed when it's not.. how do I fix it? It is the back roller
    Already told you...blow it out with compressed air while squishing the roller up and down until you hear the switch "clicking" again. If that doesn't work, then you will need to remove the keypad side panel to get at the switch for a more thorough cleaning.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast