Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just Bought Designer 2.0...

No need to feel bad. Stuff happens. We all have been there, so much info to gather and process and try to use when you start it sometimes gets jumbled.
    Thats why I started upgrading as needed.
    I also downloaded the demos so I could see what features were and how to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by blhutchens View Post
    No need to feel bad. Stuff happens. We all have been there, so much info to gather and process and try to use when you start it sometimes gets jumbled.
    Thats why I started upgrading as needed.
    I also downloaded the demos so I could see what features were and how to use them.
    Thank you, BL.
    ~ Blessings ~
    Nathan

Just don't feel too bad...navigating the software modules and understanding which does what is pretty confusing to me too. I've been using the "old" designer and pattern software for a year or two. After reading all I could about the new 2.0 and the add on modules on the web site, and watching the tutorials I finally gave up and called LHR. I was lucky enough to speak with Connie and she very patiently answered my questions and explained the relationship of Designer and the Modules. Basically the Designer is the stand alone program that provides all the basic features and is enhanced by each add on module. Each module adds specific capabilities (usually tools) to the basic features of designer. So once one upgrades to 2.0 you have the "basic" features of designer 2.0 (including the new carving depth...how cool!) and can add the features of each module as you want/need them. It may seem like the cost of all of that is a lot in the framework of a hobby machine, but consider that if one added all of the modules to the current Designer it would add up to 200+200+200+50+200+100+150+ oh about $1200.00....It is a lot, but consider that just about any "professional" suite of software tools is usually thousands of dollars...even AutoCAD LT is $1200 or more just to draft 2D lines. So a $200 program that does what most soft core (as opposed to hard core) users need doesn't seem like too much. My 2c worth.

Quote Originally Posted by ronboley View Post
    Just don't feel too bad...navigating the software modules and understanding which does what is pretty confusing to me too. I've been using the "old" designer and pattern software for a year or two. After reading all I could about the new 2.0 and the add on modules on the web site, and watching the tutorials I finally gave up and called LHR. I was lucky enough to speak with Connie and she very patiently answered my questions and explained the relationship of Designer and the Modules. Basically the Designer is the stand alone program that provides all the basic features and is enhanced by each add on module. Each module adds specific capabilities (usually tools) to the basic features of designer. So once one upgrades to 2.0 you have the "basic" features of designer 2.0 (including the new carving depth...how cool!) and can add the features of each module as you want/need them. It may seem like the cost of all of that is a lot in the framework of a hobby machine, but consider that if one added all of the modules to the current Designer it would add up to 200+200+200+50+200+100+150+ oh about $1200.00....It is a lot, but consider that just about any "professional" suite of software tools is usually thousands of dollars...even AutoCAD LT is $1200 or more just to draft 2D lines. So a $200 program that does what most soft core (as opposed to hard core) users need doesn't seem like too much. My 2c worth.
    Ron, you make very good sense. Thanks.
    ~ Blessings ~
    Nathan

Like you Nathan I'm waiting for my 2.0 license info to arrive. Four years with the prior versions up through 1.187 so like you I want the new features. Here I go back to Newbie status as I start climbing the learning tree again but I look forward to the challenge and all the new capabilities it offers. Enjoy the process and the results and we'll learn together.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Bruce View Post
    Like you Nathan I'm waiting for my 2.0 license info to arrive. Four years with the prior versions up through 1.187 so like you I want the new features. Here I go back to Newbie status as I start climbing the learning tree again but I look forward to the challenge and all the new capabilities it offers. Enjoy the process and the results and we'll learn together.
    Bruce:

You should have received the Activation Code (Serial Number) via email right after you ordered it.

Connie
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Bruce View Post
    Indeed, we will.

You know, version 1.187 was no slouch, but the more I play with 2.0 the more I really like it.
    ~ Blessings ~
    Nathan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12