Thread: Tablets and Carvewright software

Default Tablets and Carvewright software

Last night my son had his work Christmas Party and he received an RCA Tablet computer. It got me to thinking, can we use tablets or I Pads etc... with the Carve wright software? I'll admit I'm not a computer guy, all I know is my desk top just barely meets the requirements to run the software.

Thank you

2. Default windows 8

A windows 8 tablet such as the Surface RT should work however I do not have one to test.

The Surface Pro should work.. but not the surface rt... you cant load any x86 software on the surface rt.. only things from the Microsoft store.
    Doug Fletcher

No go on the iPad. Apple would like to think that it is a computer but the OS is too limited and there is no interface to attach card reader to.
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

I checked the price of the Surface Pro and was astonished. They are way more expensive than I thought. Good thing it was just a curiosity.

Darn. I have a IMac 27" and a IPAD. Want to go to the next training session, but do not have a laptop anymore.
    Carvewright A machine 2007
    Carvewright C machine 2013 DC-Insert
    Mavric iMac i7 16gig latest version
    Designer 1.187, Designer 2.04, Centerline Text, Conforming Vectors, STL importer, DFX importer, Pattern Editor and probe

Any one know about the iconia tablet

8. Default

Can anyone confirm that the Surface Pro is able to run the software or anyone using the software on a touchscreen laptop? I wonder how much nicer it could be using if the touchscreen works properly.

I use it on a touchscreen windows 8.1 "tablet" which is really a large all in one PC with a battery . Using the touchscreen for generic operations is OK but I still need the mouse to do anything that requires a right click or precision placement or selection. Using the touch keyboard is possible but can be a nuisance since it covers a portion of your view when active. I can't see eliminating the mouse for using software. Even tablets these days can use wireless mouse so the main impediment would probably be software compatibility with the OS, so you're limited to anything that can run windows 8. Devices like ipads and high end tablets such as the samsung probably have sufficient processing power to run the application (but not as well as a desktop) it's just unlikely the user base is large enough to justify the software development.