Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Z Axis Stall - Homing Default - error 246 - error 310 - Y ax

1. Default Z Axis Stall - Homing Default - error 246 - error 310 - Y ax

Hi Everyone,
    Is it just me or does someone else out there think we have spent a lot of money for something that works for a few hours then quits? What makes it worse is trying to find support. I had to try three times to get an activation email with 3 different names. Ok, so I will admit that this unit does good work but after only 9 hours of carving and all the trouble I have had it seems as though this machine is way too tempermental.

I have fixed the homing error by blowing out the sensor on the truck. It starts to carve now but is eratic (not carving straight across) and the truck does not seem loose. Then suddenly the bit dives hard into the piece (z axis stall error 246). I have seen other posts with this problem. Some read that this is a z-truck problem and it needs to be replaced.

The machine has also thrown a y axis error at me several times.

So where do I find the number to call to get assistance?

I spend more time trying to keep this machine running than I do using it.

CW's number is all over the manual, but just for the heck of it here it is, striaght from the contact page on their website.

LHR Technologies, Inc.
    4930 Allen Genoa Road
    Pasadena, TX 77504

Phone: 713-473-6572
    Hours: 9:00 - 6:00 PM, Monday - Friday

You will have to keep the sensors clean by wiping them or blowing them out with air etc. That's just a fact of life. Luckily it is easy to do, I generally do a quick vacuum between jobs and a good cleaning when I'm done with the machine for the day. A clean machine is a happy machine.

You will need to call CW about the problem with you Z motor. There have been some machines with this problem (I got one) but the guys at CW got me fixed up. Be a bit patient when you call, and keep trying until you get a live body. The CW folks have been having serious issues with their phone system since moving to a new facility but seem to be making every effort to support their customers. I think you will find they are good people to deal with.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

3. Default Thanks for your help and info

Thanks Jeff_Birt for the info. You had a z truck problem too? I think I remember reading your post. I have had a lot of trouble with this machine but some of it was simply because I did not clean the sensor well enough. I really do like the machine so I will take your advice and give those guys a call. I am also emailing the support team. Thanks again.

Keith

Keith, I would also suggest calling Monday morning if you can. It seems the most relaible way (currently) to get a response.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

so is sellinghiscw now keepinghiscw or what?
    ver 1.162
    -If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it is jammed, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
    -If it moves and it shouldn't, duct tape it. If it doesn't move and it should, Boeshield T-9

Jeff is right on so take his advice. Z axis problems will cause some Y axis problems. If the m/c was not sensetive it would do a job more like a chainsaw is that what you need? While the m/c is down try studying the manual it has lots of information that you need to know. this is not a plug and play machine.
    Ron Baird Ottawa, Ontario (summer)
    Rockport, Texas (winter)
    Beta Tester since Jan. 2005

Are they working Monday???

AL

The Bard Guest

actually 'm going to try to make it in tomorrow and Sunday to catch up on my call backs.

but the phones won't dial in, just out *is lucky* so I'll do what i can guys.

9. Default More trouble

The machine won't even power up now. Oh and by the way you should be careful about using a vaccuum since the unit has electronic components in it and vaccuum hoses usually discharge static electricity, especially when vaccuuming up quantities of sawdust.

I plugged in my drill to the outlets and it works but the cw seemes dead in the water now. Time to search the forum for 'power up' issues now.

Thanks for your...uhm...input

Keith

10. Default Power up

Found some useful info on another thread/post that helped me cure the power up problem. Seems as though the machine was getting power but there is something loose at the LCD/Keypad.
    Look folks, I don't always mean to be negative (sellinghiscw) but I do see that throghout these posts there are a lot of problems to work out with the CW machine. I am happy with the projects I have done that finished-the machine does 'non-chainsaw' work *laughs*. I feel fortunate that I got to get several projects done after reading some of the other posts. But with all things considered I hope that the first week I actually got to use the machime with the problems I have had will not be indicative of what is coming. If the problems I am having are mainly fixed by a new z truck then it will be worth it and I will be keepingmycw.

Thanks for your input and help

Keith

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast