Thread: 1.187 Help Drill holes

Default 1.187 Help Drill holes

Is there a way to set drill holes a set distance apart from one another. When I place a drill hole it dimensions itself from the board edge or from the center point. Once the two holes are set, I would need to set them around at different degrees.
    I'm trying to set up the top plate, not the battery plate in the attached PDF.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Doc - Nov 29, 2013, 3-13 PM.jpg  
    Go ahead, make my Day!

I'm sure someone will chime in and have a simple solution for you. Until then you could draw a circle , center both,draw a straight line starting at center , draging it to the first hole location. "O" out the start of the line at center of circle, and lock the length of the line to your first hole. Now set up your drill tool right beside where your finished hole will be and then drag it to the final location. Now , if the next hole is the same length from center, drag that end of the line to your next hole location, and repeat. Do this to all holes on one side of circle and then mirror. By "O"ing out at center it creates a pivot point at center for your line. You can also set the angle of your line by right clicking on the line
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

If I were doing this I would Crop the photo and make it into a patern. Then place it on the board and draw a shallow carve region of a distance that you can use it for a on screen measuring stick. Then make the pattern the correct size on the board. Then manually put the drill holes on the pattern picture in the correct place. Try not to use the yellow or restrained numbers as that is a big trip up when doing holes as the machine thinks that the yellow number or distanced is more important that the correct placement of the hole... This happens when the physical board is different than the designer board... If you get a yellow distance number right click and remove attachment to turn it back to green.

Delete the pattern and you have the holes....

I did a Lettering Job of a Building and placed a 4 foot flourecent lamp box at the foot of the building to act as a scale factor for the picture. I used Corel Draw too as we had to submit pictures and scale factor drawings to the Zoning Board.

Once I got the size of the letters in corel draw I typed the same text in Designer to make the name. Then typed one letter at a time and placed it over the previous name and sized the single letters to the correct size. Then deleted the typed name and moved the single letters to the board as a OUTLINE Cut Path. I used PVC Board.

Good Luck,

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC02016_WEB.jpg   DSC02021_WEB.jpg   DSC02022_WEB.jpg   DSC02019_WEB.jpg  

DSC02196_WEB.jpg   KFinal32.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 11-30-2013 at 12:11 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com