Thread: Question about multi-bit project?

Default Question about multi-bit project?

Hello,
    I got my machine yesterday, and have been hard at work learning how to use it. I have done a couple test runs, and it works awesome so far! the results are incredible.

Anyway, I am working on some moulding. Most of it will just be the simple profile, with a keystone, and some patterns in the middle. I can't for the life of me figure out how to tell it to use the 1/8" cutting bit for the ends, and the 1/16" carving bit for the detailed patterns, it is either one or the other.

Can somebody tell me what I am doing wrong, or what I need to do do get it to work like I am imagining?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails test_moulding_389.jpg  

It will default to the 1/16" carving bit (for carving operations) and the 1/8" cutting bit (when using the 'Cut Out' tool). You will also be prompted as to which bit you are using when you run the project. If you draw a vector path (using one of the line tools) you can select the 'Choose Bit' tool (looks like a router bit in holder) to carve along that path with the bit of your choice.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Thanks Jeff, That's what I was missing.

Lance

Watch out .... galleries are not our type ... well, most of our type, anyway.