Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I found the perfect work table for my CarveWright...

Default I found the perfect work table for my CarveWright...

at Harbor Freight. Someone posted about it on another forum so I checked it out. It is Item # 95659. A 580 pound capacity, four drawer, tool cart with locking wheels. It is on sale right now for $154.99 but I searched on-line and found a coupon and got it for about $40 less than the sale price. It may not be what you might want but it turned out to be exactly what I was looking for. It's very sturdy and with the 4 drawers I now have a place to keep all my spare parts, tools and bits for my machine in one place without having to search for them and I can move the machine out of the way when not in use. I previously had it setting on my router table so I have now reclaimed my router table.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0684.JPG 
Views:	149 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	66020
    George

2. Default

George, congrats! That looks like the perfect table for sure.

that does look like a great table.. wonder if my dust collector would tuck into the bottom shelf area...

I bought a nice expanding table with clip-ons a build in vice, power, tool holder and light. Love this thing.

Carvewright A machine 2007
    Carvewright C machine 2013 DC-Insert
    Mavric iMac i7 16gig latest version
    Designer 1.187, Designer 2.04, Centerline Text, Conforming Vectors, STL importer, DFX importer, Pattern Editor and probe

I built a frame for mine to sit with wheels underneath. When I am done the whole thing slides under my bittom shelf. The dc just slides in the corner out of the way.

Custom Stadium Coin Racks for displaying Military Challenge Coins, GeoCoins and the like- http://www.etsy.com/shop/stadiumdisplays
    OR http://shop.ebay.com/stadiumdisplays...&_trksid=p4340

Peep; This looks like a setup that would work for myself, do you have anymore info on it, brand, purchase location. Price, Thanks much.

Got the stand at Grizzly. It was at the clearance section for $25 then built the stand with casters. Think they were 2x6's. Rolls around great for me and have a place to put it next to my planer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Carvewright.jpg  

These all look like great solutions for CW steady support and mobility, as we all seem to have the challenge of where to put things. I'd spent a lot of time over the summer trying to design/build my own best solution to incorporate a rolling cart with two levels The CW will go on the top table surface and my DeWalt planner on the bottom since both feed longer boards in the same direction right to left. Settled on a Peachtree Woodworking steel router table base that cost less than the required lumber of my first plan. The large locking urethane wheels were going to be needed either way so they are a wash on cost.

My only problem is having time to stop carving commissions (nice problem to have) and take the machine out of service long enough to add surfaces top and bottom to the stand, fit an appropriate drawer as several of you mentioned for all the spare bit/pieces/parts this machine wants close by and then a receptacle for plugs and common dust collection connections. I also want to add pull arms with support rollers down below to better feed the Dewalt.

Pictures to follow at some point. Happy carving and thanks for several new ideas.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

What HP is your DC? Mine is 1HP and I wish I would have gotten a 2HP instead. When I use both of my CWs it doesn't suck as good.

Quote Originally Posted by unitedcases View Post
    I built a frame for mine to sit with wheels underneath. When I am done the whole thing slides under my bittom shelf. The dc just slides in the corner out of the way.

JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

2 hp. Kind of a pain. Had to install a 220 outlet but well worth it. I carved on both machine at least 3hrs a day for 2 weeks and it was bairly a quarter of the way full. And it still pulled great. Just had to make sure to knock the dust on the top part down at the end of each day. Plus on the weekends they run a minimum of 8-10 hrs each.
    Custom Stadium Coin Racks for displaying Military Challenge Coins, GeoCoins and the like- http://www.etsy.com/shop/stadiumdisplays
    OR http://shop.ebay.com/stadiumdisplays...&_trksid=p4340

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast