Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New long bits question

Since you are a beta tester did you run any tests with these? Looking at the description in the store it only states to use best or optimal settings. Any other insight?
    I not got a chance to test it.

ohh it said 1/8 bit long...

come to think of it looks like a 1/4" shank.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidguitars View Post
    ohh it said 1/8 bit long...
    got ya... must be Joe!!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I thought for sure they would have 1/2" shanks. The good news is that the taper is so slight that it will not cut into the sides so much.

Isn't this great! I have been hoping for an inch all of these years and now we get 2+ inches. How this is going to change things boggles the mind.

They look fantastic, I also like a 3/16 version with the CT.

1/2 would cost more all around so I like that its a .25" shank end with the adapter.

i have one machine out of the 4 that will not accept a long bit, i have a very narrow window on length of bit put in it, matter of fact ran into that today trying to use the 3/16 carving bit that has a ct sleeve, it works in all the other machines, so my question is if i do get the 2.whatever designer that this long bit will work in this i believe a ( B ) series machine
    steve
    Start U Member

I run some tall 3/8 bits in the CW and normally can fit it, could be you crank it up a bit first.

I use a 1/2" straight bit some times and I have to stop the spin during the bit check to insure it stops before going down for the touch..

Skeeterman are you using the CarveWright chuck or a Rock?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast