Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It is finally here.

Make sure the machine is off when inserting or removing the flash card.

The hardware and software manuals should have been installed when you downloaded the software and should open up a pdf file for each. They should be installed the the CarveWright program directory.

If you have a firewall or virus checker you might have to give them the CarveWright permission to access the internet to check for updates.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    Make sure the machine is off when inserting or removing the flash card.

The hardware and software manuals should have been installed when you downloaded the software and should open up a pdf file for each. They should be installed the the CarveWright program directory.

If you have a firewall or virus checker you might have to give them the CarveWright permission to access the internet to check for updates.
    Yes indeed, I made certain that the machine was off upon each inserting, and removal of the card. Regarding the software, I had uninstalled the demo, and then went about program installation from one of the two disks that had been included in the package. I think, now, that maybe I should not have done that.

Good point about my firewall/virus checker (AVG) possibly blocking the program's accessibility to the Internet. Hopefully, that's all it is.

Thanks.
    ~ Blessings ~
    Nathan

When you did the install from disk what version of designer did it say?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Welcome, good luck and happy carving! Keep us posted.

Congratulations. It is a mostly fun machine, 95% of the time. If you didn't get a dust collector attachment, get one! This will reduce issues with board sensors. My first three carves all required cleaning of the sensor. I had one installed the 4th time and have over 120 hours on my machine and have only had 1 board sensor issue. Check out Ring Neck Blues for your dust collector.

Quote Originally Posted by Proctorw View Post
    Congratulations. It is a mostly fun machine, 95% of the time. If you didn't get a dust collector attachment, get one! This will reduce issues with board sensors. My first three carves all required cleaning of the sensor. I had one installed the 4th time and have over 120 hours on my machine and have only had 1 board sensor issue. Check out Ring Neck Blues for your dust collector.
    Thanks. I had, indeed, purchased a dust collector hood even before my machine had arrived. The one I purchased (which was, actually, the only one that I knew about, at the time) is the Dust Devil collector. It seems as if it might do a decent job, but I am a little iffy about cutting the CW's cover, which is something that I didn't know about when I ordered it. My concern is whether or not such an act would void the machine's warranty. I am now thinking about, maybe, shipping it back, and ordering the Ringneck collector, which I have been reading so may raving reviews about. I've not read anything, as yet, on the cover having to be cut, to accommodate this particular hood, and the apparent plus side to the Ringneck is that is constructed of ALL METAL properties. I know that this move - if I did travel this route - would also translate into a later start in my getting some carving done.

But what do you think?
    ~ Blessings ~
    Nathan

Disregard my previous post. I just found that the RingNeck Blues also required modification of the CW's cover. So, I guess I will just go ahead with what I already have.

Again, thanks.
    ~ Blessings ~
    Nathan

Nathan, your warranty will not be effected if you cut the cover, LHR has stated this many times. I hope it is still the same.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by eelamb View Post
    Nathan, your warranty will not be effected if you cut the cover, LHR has stated this many times. I hope it is still the same.
    Thanks. At least, by that information, I can forge ahead without that concern looming above me.
    ~ Blessings ~
    Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    When you did the install from disk what version of designer did it say?
    Sorry about the delay in getting back to you: was busy as heck.

When I did the disk installation, its version was 1.187. Just a moment ago, I uninstalled/reinstalled it; just to see if a new episode of doing so might correct matters. But it did not. So, I uninstalled it and (this time) pulled down the version from the Carvewright website. After installation, I found that this version was doing the same exact thing. None of the PDF files are accessible, and that dreaded error message keeps popping up when I click on just about any of the sub-choices in the 'Help' menu. It had been mentioned that my firewall, or virus checker might be the culprit, but I have since made certain that it wasn't.

have no idea WHAT'S going on here, but it sure has got me a bit flustered.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails error message.jpg  
    ~ Blessings ~
    Nathan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast