Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It is finally here.

Default It is finally here.

Yes. I picked up my CW yesterday evening. It is still boxed (though I did open it to take a peep at it), as I am trying to figure out a different place for it. But I can't WAIT to get to working with it.
    ~ Blessings ~
    Nathan

Can't wait to see what you make first! Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by CNC Carver View Post
    Can't wait to see what you make first! Welcome!
    Thanks. I don't know, at this point, what my first effort will be - but whatever it is, I know I will have much fun doing it.
    ~ Blessings ~
    Nathan

Congrats, Nathan. Hope you have a ball with your new toy. Be sure to post your first project. We are a nosy bunch when it comes to seeing what everyone else is doing with their machines.
    George

welome to the carve alcoholics, we don't have a 12 step program here you have to carve at your own risk .... try to keep your emotions in check....lol

Good luck with your machine. It is fun and addicting but can be challenging at times.

Congrats Nathan, I remember that day, and my first carve. Was exciting and still is when ever I do something new. I have my machine on a sturdy table with rollers on the bottom so I can move it around because I use the old root celler in my basement (about7x7 ft.) and I close the door which helps with the noise. I even put my 30 gal vacuum in the same area as it's a bit noisy too. Have fun and besure to come back here with any question you have and to show off your projects.
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Enjoy and Happy Carving! Remember the forum is here to help you with any hard spots you might run across.

Congrats Nathan! I'm happy & excited for you.
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

First, I'd like to thank everyone who responded, with their very kind words.

I had a bear of a time getting this machine set up and (initially) thought that I might have gotten hold of a unit that had some issues. It turns out that I seem to have a bit of a problem with the keypad. I had flashed my card with the latest Firmware (oddly enough, the one that was on the card, and the one it was being flashed to were the same, but the card wasn't recognized until it was flashed), and thought that I might have had a defective card - until repeated presses of the Enter key finally allowed things to happen. I won't deny that I am a bit worried that the keypad's (seemingly) fickleness might be indicative of impending problems, for me.

The software? Well, the User Manuals (software, and hardware) cannot be accessed from the 'Help' menu. Clicking on either provides nothing. Also, the 'Help' menu's 'Check for Updates' is posing a challenge for me. When I click on it I get a 'Critical' error message, which states that my browser is reporting an error. Now, that latter issue could very well be a problem with my computer, itself - and not, necessarily, having anything to do with the program. I am just wondering if anyone else had received such a message and, if so, what was done to correct it.

But here's hoping that all is, indeed, well - with my machine, and that the expressed keypad issue is something that just might be worked out with usage.
    ~ Blessings ~
    Nathan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast