Thread: No height

Default No height

I recently needed the G used in the Packer logo. That font is not available due to copy wright infringement. Anyway, I created one with various arcs and lines which looks just fine. When I use it in a carving I can adjust the depth, but the height shows as inset and is grey out. What am I not doing or doing wrong? Also on some of the tutorials they say to set the height to 300 or on one 999. If 100 is the top of the board what is the significance of these higher numbers. Thanks for any forthcoming answers. I do appreciate them.

My first guess would be that your G is not a closed path. Are you able to make a carve region with it?

100 is not the top of the board, it is the top of the pattern. If you move the mouse pointer over the area and look at the numbers in the bottom left of the designer screen. The last number is the height "depth", how far the top of the pattern is carved into the board. Increasing the height setting will raise to the top of the pattern much like increasing the depth will increase how far the bottom of the pattern will be carved into the board.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I think you have to post the mpc so we can have a look at it.

Thanks for the help. I do have a closed path and am able to carve a region. I want to bring the G to the surface of the board. Am attaching the MPC file. Thankslogo oval design.mpc

Just make the depth of the G (Arc 9) 0.00. (Also, there is no need to have it inverted.)

(Try double clicking on the arc end points to make them tangent.)
    Last edited by bergerud; 11-26-2013 at 09:07 AM.

Smile no heigth

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Just make the depth of the G (Arc 9) 0.00. (Also, there is no need to have it inverted.)

(Try double clicking on the arc end points to make them tangent.)
    Thanks so much. I'm embarrased. I think what happened was when I first put the G on a blank board it defaulted to .25 depth. When I then changed it to 0.00 it was hidden which makes sense. I failed to realize that when I created a region around it I no longer needed or wanted the default .25 depth on the G. It all makes sense now. Without all the help I've received from this forum my initial experience with CW would have been less pleasant and much more difficult.
    Thanks again,
    CAKLMK

Caklmk, you must be a packer fan, where are you from?

Angry Packer Fan

Quote Originally Posted by tierman View Post
    Caklmk, you must be a packer fan, where are you from?
    I am from Chippewa Falls, WI and am a packer fan. I am not what one would call a die hard fan, but like professional football in general. I'm not very proud of them right now,but I am sure they will bounce back. Today I was embarrassed. I don't mind seeing them lose occasionally, but I hate to see them lose so ugly.

Caklmk, I sent you a pm, check under notifications up above.