Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Is 2.0 worth the price?

Quote Originally Posted by rockflier View Post
    Lynn, if that is the way you perceive it, so be it. Yes, some are more vocal. Only time will tell I guess. I respect your position as CW Staff. I would appreciate the same courtesy. Merry Christmas. (Can we say that here?)
    We appreciate you stating your opinions and have gotten your feelings on the subject, but find it unfair that you make such a general statement that simply isn't representative of most customers. I understand you have sold your CW and are moving on to a Shopbot. Best of luck to you and BY ALL MEANS...we say "Merry Christmas" here.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    We appreciate you stating your opinions and have gotten your feelings on the subject, but find it unfair that you make such a general statement that simply isn't representative of most customers. I understand you have sold your CW and are moving on to a Shopbot. Best of luck to you and BY ALL MEANS...we say "Merry Christmas" here.
    I have an offer on the CW, but as of yet the cash is not in hand. I thank you for allowing me to state my feelings. My statement was only representative of MY feelings and what i perceive to be the general undertone. If that is false, then that is my faux pas. I will continue to use the CW until I have cash in hand (if this buyer is like a lot of Craigslist buyers, I may never see it LOL). As I stated, I love the machine. I find it to be the best on the market, as far as the machine. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
    The problem with communications is the illusion they have occurred.

3. Default

And by "a great many", you mean the 3 maybe 4 vocal forum members on this thread.
    As you and others have reminded us the forum is only a small minority of all the carvewright and compucarve users. I also think that many are afraid to be vocal as threads are closed and they tend to get dumped on by some of the moderators and some of the vocal supporters of carvewright. And don't get me wrong I recommend carvewright machines to friends, family members and people at the arts and craft shows I sell at. I overall support LHR and the carvewright machine, I just think the hobbyist and me are being priced out of the market. I know the comparison to big dollar CNC's and Softwares can be made but I am a carvewright owner because it was an affordable hobby machine.

Everyone has two choices here:

If you want to stick with only what you paid for in the beginning, we are not taking away your ability to use your machine.

If you want us to continue to grow the system and it's capabilities, add new things that the CW can do and take advantage of these product developments, then you will need to pay for them.

And by "a great many", you mean the 3 maybe 4 vocal forum members on this thread.
    I have stated what I felt about the software as when I get on the forum when trying to see what someone has done if its done in 2.0 I can't see it cause I don't have the program A year ago I paid all that money out thinking that I had everything that carvewright had to offer witch it was. But at the same time the people that buy it now get the program as standard issue with the carvewright which leaves me in dust unless I pay the $200.00 that is what I mean by a discount to ones that have the 1.87 we bought the 1.87 for $200.00and now what is standard issue we have to pay another 200.00 for so the ones the have invested are in reality is paying $400.00 for the software that is costing a new user $200.00 that is where my frustration comes in. Don't get me wrong I don't think it should be free But at the same time I don't think we should have to pay double to get the same thing as a new user gets for $200.00 And as forrest Gump said that is all I have to say about that...

Designer 2.0 is not standard issue with the CarveWright. They get 1.187 unless they pay the extra $200.

No one paid $200 for 1.187 or earlier versions.

It is currently and has been on sale a couple of times for 10% off. It was also offered to CarversClub members at a discount and to conference attendees at a discount.
    Last edited by lynnfrwd; 12-19-2013 at 05:17 PM.

My fault, I was assuming that we had to pay for the 1.87 and again what I thought was standard (they) the new user has to pay for so my frustration level went 6 levels lower ....Whew I needed that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aokweld101 View Post
    My fault, I was assuming that we had to pay for the 1.87 and again what I thought was standard (they) the new user has to pay for so my frustration level went 6 levels lower ....Whew I needed that!!!
    AOK, now that we have gotten that off of our collective chests I guess it is time to move on. We have been informed that "it is what it is". My "sale" via Craigslist was a bust. The "purchaser" showed up and hemmed and hawed and offered exactly half what we had agreed upon. So, for now at least, I will have the use of 2 machines, 1 of them my CW. Merry Christmas to all!!
    The problem with communications is the illusion they have occurred.

Vectric updates their VCarve software every year, and they don't just give the newer versions away. I look forward to the updates and don't mind paying for them.

As for your Rock Chuck's not working because of new features that are being added to the software, how is that LHR's fault?

Bergerud posted a work-a-round for the longer bits so you can't use that as an excuse or stab against LHR.

Kenny

[QUOTE=gapdev;217739]Vectric updates their VCarve software every year, and they don't just give the newer versions away. I look forward to the updates and don't mind paying for them.

As for your Rock Chuck's not working because of new features that are being added to the software, how is that LHR's fault?

Bergerud posted a work-a-round for the longer bits so you can't use that as an excuse or stab against LHR.

Kenny[/QUOTE
    Kenny, Not once have I complained about the price as I understand the costs of improvements.My point is #1- it appears to me that the latest upgrade is limiting my use of my machine by making the machine bit and chuck specific. If I had known, in advance, that it would have caused the limitations that it does now with my Rock, I would not have upgraded to the 2.004 and would have stayed with 2.002.
    As far as the posting by Bergerud I must admit that I missed that, my bad.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast