Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Is 2.0 worth the price?

Thank you Connie and Floyd. Getting old causes two things to stop working so good, first is the eyesight, and, I can't remember what the second thing was.

Thanks again... I will give it a try.
    My Website: www.edscustomcarved.com
    Patterns or projects made, and uploaded by me, are not to be sold on E-Bay, EVER !.
    Thank You....

Well now I have another question. After installing 2.05 and opening it up, my computer restarted and now when I try to open designer 2.5 it says my trial period is over.
    Has that happened to anyone lately ? I may have to buy it to try it. That was a Quick 30 days. (It's possible that the Aliens flew by I guess)
    Patterns or projects made, and uploaded by me, are not to be sold on E-Bay, EVER !.
    Thank You....

Quote Originally Posted by edzbaker View Post
    Well now I have another question. After installing 2.05 and opening it up, my computer restarted and now when I try to open designer 2.5 it says my trial period is over.
    Has that happened to anyone lately ? I may have to buy it to try it. That was a Quick 30 days. (It's possible that the Aliens flew by I guess)
    Did you ever have it as a trial version before?
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Connie no, I haven't tried it before. I kept telling myself that 1.187 did all I need to do, but now I think I'm changing my mind. Tell me something, I have DXF importer and STL importer, along with the Pattern Editor and Conforming Text. Will they still work with 1.187 AND 2.0 if I purchase 2.0 ?? As long as I have them both installed on my PC ??

Thank you
    Thank You....

Quote Originally Posted by edzbaker View Post
    Connie no, I haven't tried it before. I kept telling myself that 1.187 did all I need to do, but now I think I'm changing my mind. Tell me something, I have DXF importer and STL importer, along with the Pattern Editor and Conforming Text. Will they still work with 1.187 AND 2.0 if I purchase 2.0 ?? As long as I have them both installed on my PC ??

Thank you
    Yes, you just cannot have both 1.X & 2.X running at the same time. Remember anything saved or created in 2.X is not backward compatible with 1.X.

Designer 2.0 demo: Each time you open it, you should be able to use it by clicking continue without registration until the 30 days is up. What operating system is this on? Try right click and Run As Administrator to open Designer 2.X
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Connie, Thank you for trying to help. I un-installed it, re-installed it, ran as Administrator, all to no avail. I will purchase 2.x and solve the problem with a license.
    Thanks again

Ed
    Thank You....

Just as you think you have it all, they come out with something new!
    We just can't keep up. Perhaps CW has a way of communicating better with their customers regarding availability,
    compatibility, affordability and proper demonstration of the product features and benefits. They have wonderful products and the
    technology is incredible. They just don't have a sales program to help tie it all together.
    Thanks!
    Woodpecker

Quote Originally Posted by Woodpecker View Post
    Just as you think you have it all, they come out with something new!
    We just can't keep up. Perhaps CW has a way of communicating better with their customers regarding availability,
    compatibility, affordability and proper demonstration of the product features and benefits. They have wonderful products and the
    technology is incredible. They just don't have a sales program to help tie it all together.
    Thanks!
    Woodpecker
    I'm not sure that they want one. It's a marketing technique.
    Steve

A few questions on Designer 2.0 that haven't been answered in this thread or any other that I know of:

1. I know you can run 1.187 and 2.0x on the same computer (but not at the same time) and that projects saved in 2.0 cannot be edited in 1.187. But, does the CW machine itself need an update for 2.0x that will negate its use by 1.187?
    2. Can you edit projects made in 1.187 in 2.0x (backward compatible)?
    3. Can you put 1.187 projects and 2.0x projects on the Memory Card at the same time and will both be available?
    4. Do you need to update the Memory Card to the 2.0x software?

My understanding of how much of a "computer" is actually inside the CarveWright is very limited, so these may be idiotic questions. If there is no actual processor in the CW then there shouldn't be any need of any software updates for this non-existent processor.

Quote Originally Posted by 200k View Post
    A few questions on Designer 2.0 that haven't been answered in this thread or any other that I know of:

1. I know you can run 1.187 and 2.0x on the same computer (but not at the same time) and that projects saved in 2.0 cannot be edited in 1.187. But, does the CW machine itself need an update for 2.0x that will negate its use by 1.187?
    No you do not need to update the firmware on the card to 2.xxx but probably should for the better/improved logic.

2. Can you edit projects made in 1.187 in 2.0x (backward compatible)?
    Yes you can..

3. Can you put 1.187 projects and 2.0x projects on the Memory Card at the same time and will both be available?
    Yes...

4. Do you need to update the Memory Card to the 2.0x software?

See above...

My understanding of how much of a "computer" is actually inside the CarveWright is very limited, so these may be idiotic questions. If there is no actual processor in the CW then there shouldn't be any need of any software updates for this non-existent processor.

See comments above...
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast