Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Is 2.0 worth the price?

Quote Originally Posted by rockflier View Post
    as i recall, the guys you and i ran around with from kersey and gill got us into both habits. Lol

tmi!!!!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    The real problem with bit lengths is in 2.004. 1.187 is the way I wish it would stay. You have to put in a pretty long bit in 1.187 to cause a problem.
    Well, I have noticed that 1.187 has problem with bit lengths and QC.

I still use the QC (yes, I know I am a dinosaur!) and when I insert the standard 1/16 carving bit that came with the machine I almost always get Z-truck stalled while positioning the bit in the beginning of the carve. When I insert one of the aftermarket bits that I have mounted slightly "shorter" I never get this problem.

Using pre-1.187 version does not give me the Z-truck stall error either.
    Located at a nice spot in Europe...
    Current machines:
    • model A, QC, firmware 1.188, sandpaper belts, "brainless"
    • model A, Carvetight, rubber belts, A907, illuminated display from soigeneris (Jeff Birt)
    • 2 x model C, Carvetight, still in box

Software: Designer 3.106, Designer 1.188, Centerline, Conforming vectors, STL importer, Scanning probe, Blender (to create depth maps )

Do you mean a stall at the bit plate or a different type of stall later at the board? I have a higher bit plate on my dust cap (replacing the OEM bit plate) and an ER20 spindle which is low like the Rock and QC. If anyone should get that problem, I should. I have not noticed it.

I am not sure about the problem. I just stay with the 2.0 and the new chuck. I can't afford to ruin good wood.

Has 2.0 been upgraded to 2.005 yet?
    -Jason

They are close. I not been able to test this week but i think the Rock works fine now.

I think the new 2.0 upgrade is worth the money. It certainly does help with your own creations. You may want to look at the new machine and find out what comes with it. I always use a % cost to value when upgrading or repairing. Just divide the cost by the new item and see if it is worth a new machine. Especially if it comes with all of the upgrades and software. The 2.0 is a fun program and it is something to just watch the videos. Perhaps you should watch the videos and see its capabilities first. I go back and watch the videos just because I cant remember everything that it does. That is age related. Have fun and let me know what you have decided. Woodpecker

I was looking to see if there was a "Trial" version of Designer 2.0, and I don't see one. Am I overlooking it, or is there not one ?

Thanks
    My Website: www.edscustomcarved.com
    Patterns or projects made, and uploaded by me, are not to be sold on E-Bay, EVER !.
    Thank You....

Quote Originally Posted by edzbaker View Post
    I was looking to see if there was a "Trial" version of Designer 2.0, and I don't see one. Am I overlooking it, or is there not one ?

Thanks
    2.0 can be downloaded and played with for 30 days.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Ed,

Just go to the software page and down load the 2.xxx version. http://www.carvewright.com/support-p...arted/update2/
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast