Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Is 2.0 worth the price?

Question Is 2.0 worth the price?

Nice changes, but are they really worth another $200??

I haven't gotten 2.0 yet but I wondered the same thing. Problem is, where else you gonna get it?
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Disabled Veteran owned and operated
    Visit www.kansaswood.com
    A machine with rock, CS machine, Designer 3, centerline, conforming vectors

3. Default

At this time I don't think it is, I am also worried that it will be a never ending road of $200. When 3.0 comes out, then 4.0 etc. I am holding out till I really have to have it, kind of a protest.

4. Default

They are hinting of new things coming out for Christmas, bet they cost $200, LOL.

Yeah, but if you decide you really need it at 4.0.. aren't they going to back charge you on all the other versions you skipped? I seem to remember that is how this new structure is working.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ton80 View Post
    Yeah, but if you decide you really need it at 4.0.. aren't they going to back charge you on all the other versions you skipped? I seem to remember that is how this new structure is working.
    If that is the case then after a few upgrades skipped it will be even harder to justify the purchase! At some point it will be more effective to sell your old machine and put the sale money and the upgrade money into a new machine with the latest version..... Or, just make do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ton80 View Post
    I do not think so. If you have bought 2.0, you will get a deal on 3.0. Otherwise 3.0 will be $200. That is how I thought it was stated.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I do not think so. If you have bought 2.0, you will get a deal on 3.0. Otherwise 3.0 will be $200. That is how I thought it was stated.
    That is my understanding as well. 2.0 does offer some nice enhancements with the text tools additions, improved centerline carving control and I have also noticed better cut out control as well. Not to mention that all new software features will be based on the 2.0 format.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

The improved centerline carving control funtions are the best thing I have seen so far. I have had it for a few months now and I still use the old version for most of my projects. I have completed just three projects using 2.0.

Caveat: I am probably not the best person to give a review given my computer ineptitude. I tend to use what I know will work so I stay with the old version for the most part. I was somewhat disheartened when I got it because it crashed a lot and drove me back to the old version for ease of use and reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPratt View Post
    I was somewhat disheartened when I got it because it crashed a lot and drove me back to the old version for ease of use and reliability.
    It was true that 2.001 was not so stable. I think 2.002, on the other hand, is more stable than 1.187 was. If not for the want of backward compatibility with other members, I would have left 1.187 in the dust.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast