Thread: New Guy

1. Default New Guy

Hello to all,

My name is Jerry Morgan, Just bought my CW a month ago its cool but its not as easy as I though it would be.
    I bought a Navy Chiefs anchor pattern and I cant get the chain to come out wright. it seem like they would have better training for the money you spend. O well I guess I need to break some eggs the bake a cake...

Jerry,

Welcome to the CarveWright! Try adjusting the pattern depth and height settings plus set the bit optimization to best. Zoom in and rotate the board to get a good view of the pattern when you make the setting changes.

Also make sure you visit the main CarveWright site and watch and read the tutorials and tips and tricks. They are a great learning tool for a new user. And of course ask away here.

http://www.carvewright.com/support-page/

http://www.carvewright.com/support-p...ted/tutorials/
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

3. Default

Thank you for your help I will try the links, which bit is the best for patterns with detail?

The default pattern bit is the 1/16" tapper bit that comes with the machine and is the most used bit for fine detail. You can change the pattern bit by selecting the "board settings" and click on the pattern bit tab. You will see some dialogue about the pattern bit selections and what changing to a different might do to your carving. There are 3 selections 1/16, 1/8 and 3/16 ballnose bits. What ever selection you use this bit will be for ALL relief (pattern) carvings on your project and not for individual patterns with in the project.

You can see how each bit changes the carve detail by selecting the bit and view how the detail changes in the project. Make sure you zoom in close and rotate the board around to get a good look.

Also when you place a pattern on the board try to set the "bit optimization" to the best setting.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.