Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: sfsaless2000 and e-bay

1. Default

I may be wrong but I think Norbert and this russian dude sell patterns for multiple artists. So some of those may be legit. But mine are not!

This is exactly why we created the licensing engine for our patterns and keep it a closed system. Their is no way to stop any of that for those guys. There has been these exact same issues discussed on the Vectric forums lately as they are having lots of problems with patterns and projects being stolen. There is just no protection at all. What we see through ebay and the internet is just the tip. Much more is shared privately.

3. Default

Hopefully there may be enough monetary incentive for someone to produce a licensing scheme in the near future.

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

Well, the easiest protection is to encrypt them before posting them to public forums. This can be with a password-protected ZIP file, or a PGP system.

PGP is great and the best choice, but not a good choice for a community forum. 7-zip is the best choice , and use the AES-256 (windows vista, 7 and 8 only), as long as the password is at least 8 to 14 characters with mixed characters, it will do the job. I do not believe the AES-256 crypt has been cracked yet (well as long as you have a strong password). Oh speaking of passwords use a pass phase, much easier to pass along to someone else.

AES-256 is a choice in the zip compression encryption click the down arrow.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

that is a nice job on the wheel and horse if I ever get rid of some of what I have already made,
    and decide to get it I'll make sure I get it from you...

7. Default

I bet some of my patterns are on that ebay seller CD.

Haven't talk to you for awhile John. Hope everything is ok with you.
    H. T.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Friends Don't Let Friends Use bad patterns!
    For high quality patterns please email me or check out my website at: http://carvenow.com . Thanks!
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Shame ,,,, The sharing was one of the best features of the forum ... I'm not that computer savy to be able to design very good patterns ... I relied on folks helping and sharing when it came to patterns ... I did get that $1 special from Ed on ebay ... That's the only patterns I every bought on ebay ... There's a song verse I'd like to post for the folks wanting to leave " Baby Come Back,,,,, U can blame it all me,,, I was wrong and I just can't live without you " !!! ....
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

ktjwilliams, that is the reason I did not stay gone long (only gone for 4 days). I felt I was blaming all members here for just a few, and that to me was not right after I thought it over. There are some really good people here who deserve better that one bad apple hurting them. I have not posted any patterns in 2 weeks now, and still not sure if I will, but then again I have not made a pattern in 2 weeks either. In the past if I liked what the person asked for, I would tackle it, and normally I gave it to them in private and let others know it was available. This I most likely will do again. Just means only the person I helped out gets the pattern and maybe no one else. Still not the best solution, but we shall get through this.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

I agree and it's also what I'm doing as well..... if someone wants something I've made, I ask for their email and I send it to them directly. It's still not being able to share with everyone, but at least it's a share with someone looking for it.

Quote Originally Posted by eelamb View Post
    ktjwilliams, that is the reason I did not stay gone long (only gone for 4 days). I felt I was blaming all members here for just a few, and that to me was not right after I thought it over. There are some really good people here who deserve better that one bad apple hurting them. I have not posted any patterns in 2 weeks now, and still not sure if I will, but then again I have not made a pattern in 2 weeks either. In the past if I liked what the person asked for, I would tackle it, and normally I gave it to them in private and let others know it was available. This I most likely will do again. Just means only the person I helped out gets the pattern and maybe no one else. Still not the best solution, but we shall get through this.
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast