Thread: pocket cut paths

Default pocket cut paths

I'm wanting to make a cut path to save time... on the outside having the angles is throwing me off I have the inside raised and the outside lower I'm wanting to make a cut path to the low side I don't have a problem with rectangles if someone can show me how to start this at least with the first two cut paths I can do the rest I'm using a 1/8 cutting bit. thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files

First remove your cut paths and carve regions, leaving just your drawn shapes. Hi light the outer shape and assign your bit (note if you have the 3/16" bit it will be a faster carve) and set the depth you want. Next, select your outer shape again and use the "path offset" tool. In the "distance" box input 1/2 of the bit diameter. Select your new lines and repeat the copy offset and continue to do so until you have your path area completed.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.