Thread: add/change fonts

1. Default add/change fonts

Hi all,

I am wanting to add/change size of my fonts for when I do my carvewright. Is there a way to add/change fonts? I appreciate everyone's help.

Thanks

Loriblackdog

Quote Originally Posted by Loriblackdog View Post
    Hi all,

I am wanting to add/change size of my fonts for when I do my carvewright. Is there a way to add/change fonts? I appreciate everyone's help.

Thanks

Loriblackdog
    yes you can lori some time you have to right click to do this or click on the fonts you have and then edit the fonts and change
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Speaking of fonts. I am trying to add the British pound £ to my centerline text. It shows on the text pop-up but not on the board. Has anyone made this work?
    Carvewright A machine 2007
    Carvewright C machine 2013 DC-Insert
    Mavric iMac i7 16gig latest version
    Designer 1.187, Designer 2.04, Centerline Text, Conforming Vectors, STL importer, DFX importer, Pattern Editor and probe

To add fonts you open settings and then open the control panel.
    There is a font folder there which you open. Then open the font and drag it into the font folder and windows will register it and it will appear in your text editor. As far as changing the size you do that on your design software by making the box around it bigger or smaller. Hope this helps.

IF you share projects with someone with text, they must have the same font loaded on their computer too... IF it is missing on the second computer it will show up on the TEXT Font list looking different between 2 exhisting fonts. In the early years it would subsitute and you would not know... ChrisAlb and I did some Signs together He the Design and ME cut them... I showed up with the cut signs and he said... "You changed the font?"... Didn't have a clue... He carved them over... Learned something that day....

So any font on your computer can be used in Designer... Like posted above, you must load or install the new font on your computer.

FYI, Some fonts with fancy letters you will need to put a space bar space before and after the text to let the whole letter work... OR it cuts off part of the extended stroke.

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 11-03-2013 at 07:38 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com