Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My CarveWright Automatic Dust Collector

Is there a way to do this when either or both of 2 machines are used and to slide the blast gates as needed?
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

2. Default

Is the delay long enough that the DC isn't starting and stopping every minute or two during bit check setup, etc?
    The was the problem with the sears model. It was starting and stopping about a dozen times per project.

Clint,

I like the way you think controlling the DC with 2 CW's. Yes it is possible and could also cycle a blast gate.

One solution with i-socket you would need 2 and a couple of external relays. I would draw you a diagram but I'm on my smart phone. I'll post one from my PC later on.

My circuit does not constantly cycle the DC like during bit change

The relay I used is a Potter & Brumfield T9AP1P52-12-ND, about $5 You can get these in different coil voltages like above is 12vdc or in a HVAC may be a 24vdc coil. Contacts are 30amps at 277vac.

I like the way you guys think.

IamDave
    Last edited by IamDave; 11-04-2013 at 07:36 PM. Reason: added relay info

I have just one machine but I do have an i-socket and automatic blast gate http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...ght=blast+gate. Mine's connected a bit differently, but a pair of blast gates like this, a couple of i-sockets, and a relay could be set up as IamDave said. Commercial electric blast gates are ridiculously expensive - over $400 - but my cheap one has been working quite well.

The i-socket does cycle the DC on and off whenever the cut motor spins during project setup, but for me it's no big deal.

When I designed my circuit the thing that concerned me was for the DC to not momentarily cycle on and off with the cut motor during a project setup. This would be really not be a good ideal if you were using several bits. The inrush current on my DC is greater than 60 amps even though it is for a few miliseconds. Motors normally do not last very long like that.

The automated blast gate from DickB in the above post is really neat. I like that kind of stuff.

IamDave
    Last edited by IamDave; 11-06-2013 at 12:09 PM. Reason: added comment

Like I said in an earlier post, I use the i-socket for my vacuume. During the set up for the bits and measuring of the board, which I always stand there and watch it, I keep my vacuume turned off. Knowing when tooling is all set up and ready to cut I then turn the vacuume on, so really the only reason I use this i-socket is when the machine turns off and I happen not to be right there my vacuume turns off. There has been times when I leave the machine carving and I go eat dinner, but again my machine is in a small block room by itself which helps with the noise.
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12