Thread: Extract Pattern

Default Extract Pattern

I am trying to extract a pattern from a current project and add it to my library. When I highlight the pattern and click on Extract Pattern from the tools it opens a box and asks for a category. When I type one in it accepts it and closes. Where does it go. I know how to copy and paste from on mpc to another , but would prefer to convert to a ptn and have it and others available in my library. I've been through the software manual several and find no reference to the extract function. Would be nice if the manuals and tutorials were created with the new software instead of an earlier version which I am unfamiliar with. I have also spent many hours browsing the forum and would like to thank all the fine folks who have responded to my questions and assisted me.
    Thanks again,
    caklmk

When you extract the pattern it should go into your pattern list under the name you created in the pop up box.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by caklmk View Post
    I am trying to extract a pattern from a current project and add it to my library. When I highlight the pattern and click on Extract Pattern from the tools it opens a box and asks for a category. When I type one in it accepts it and closes. Where does it go. I know how to copy and paste from on mpc to another , but would prefer to convert to a ptn and have it and others available in my library. I've been through the software manual several and find no reference to the extract function. Would be nice if the manuals and tutorials were created with the new software instead of an earlier version which I am unfamiliar with. I have also spent many hours browsing the forum and would like to thank all the fine folks who have responded to my questions and assisted me.
    Thanks again,
    caklmk
    Welcome to the forum, BJB
    I am not sure you can do that unless you made the pattern. Patterns on the forum are protected. You may need to ask the pattern maker for the MPW file and have the pattern editor to use it.

I offfer patterns that I make and include the MPW file on CD and DVD's, Send me a PM with your e-mail I can send you some samples.

attached is a MPW file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bjbethke; 11-02-2013 at 08:30 PM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Yes you can extract a pattern from any MPC file. When you press the extract it asks for a category name to extract the pattern into. THis category name wil be created in your favorites file. By clicking on the shell the favorites will open on the right side, scroll down to the name you gave it. There will be a folder with the name assigned to it. Click the + to open the folder and the pattern will be there.

BJB PTN files are protected not MPC files. But you are right only if they have the MPW file and Pattern editor can they edit the pattern, if they are not the creator.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by eelamb View Post
    Yes you can extract a pattern from any MPC file. When you press the extract it asks for a category name to extract the pattern into. THis category name wil be created in your favorites file. By clicking on the shell the favorites will open on the right side, scroll down to the name you gave it. There will be a folder with the name assigned to it. Click the + to open the folder and the pattern will be there.

BJB PTN files are protected not MPC files. But you are right only if they have the MPW file and Pattern editor can they edit the pattern, if they are not the creator.
    Very true eddie, but that's the only place I found you can save them, I found if you try to put them on your hard drive, you get a message they aren't yours to download. You can save the favorites files to keep them. BJB - also you can't mix and match patterns that aren't yours to make a new pattern.

Also don't click on that file on your hard drive to look to see what is on it, It will just add more files and not show you any thing, the only way to see what is on that file is through the CW unit. you can over load that file, I find my unit slows down when that file gets to 100MB in size, and some computers can start to crash. I save my files on CD's and you can load and unload at will, you will get a message from LHR to ask if you own that file, I find right now I can just dleate that massage. Good luck with your new roll in this CW world. BJB
    Last edited by bjbethke; 11-02-2013 at 09:26 PM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Thanks everyone for the help. I did actually find them. I was just frustrated when I didn't know where they were going and there wasn't anything the software documentation to explain it.
    Thanks again.