Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hate wasting my time on computers that don't Work!

Default Hate wasting my time on computers that don't Work!

Here's the scoop. Using Designer 1.187, I imported the Napkin Holder POM. Put in my memory card then plugged in the reader to my USB port. Went to download to the card. All normal so far. Sometimes the computer stops immediately and sometimes it loads part of the file (one time it got to 56%). Sometimes it tells me the card is damaged and sometimes it just stops responding. I have two cards and two readers. Doesn't matter which I use. Tried rebooting my computer, tried deleting Designer and reinstalling, always the same thing!

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

Have you tried different ports? I've had ports with bad connections before, too.

The Carvewright's card reader is very simple - no drivers are needed because it uses the same generic drivers your mouse/keyboard uses. It makes it slower, but much more cross-platform compatible.

Would plugging the reading in first and then inserting the memory card after it's been recognized make a difference? Never had any issues this way (knock on sawdust)
    ~ Mark K

Have tried three different ports with the same results. The computer recognizes the card/reader as sometimes it begins loading the file to the card. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

Have you tried uploading just a basic project with one simple pattern on it?

Have you made sure there is enough space on the cards? 393K in best on mine.

Mine uploaded just fine, so I'm not really sure.

Did you get to the window where you named it? Did it fail before or after?
    Last edited by lynnfrwd; 10-31-2013 at 05:49 PM.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Well, another 30 minutes wasted! Lynn, it did load a simple "Open" sign that I had made for a business. I tried the bottom of the Autumn Leaf POM with no luck. My card shows almost 2900 free space and the file was 1040. I am getting more than one error message. "Error writing to flash device. Flash is damaged or cannot be written".....Under the firmware button it gave me "The flash operation failed with error code -1. Please verify the Programmer is plugged in and the memory card is inserted" It seems to only be able to access the card reader once or twice before it needs reinserted.

As an addition to the previous post. I once again changed cards, readers, and USB ports.

Gean,

Check the connectors on the card to see if you might have any dust chips in it or maybe some bend connectors.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Last post tonight. When I go to Flash Manager and click on my simple file it reads the whole file and tells me about it at the bottom. When I click on any more complex file it locks up the whole program and I have to close Designer.

fwharris.....I will do that in the morning but not sure why both cards and both readers result in the same problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast