Thread: fixing a scaned pattern!

Default fixing a scaned pattern!

I have a pattern that I carved and scanned in that has a hole in it and I was wondering what the best way to fix it in the software... I can get it close but it looks off, you can still tell its there and I would rather not have to sand it every time I carve it...
    My second problem is that the pattern that I scanned was over 1" thick, so some parts are very thin if you do it on a 1" board... I would like to know if there is a way to add depth to the back of it so it reads on the Carvewright that I need a 1 1/4" board.

Thanks for your help, Iv looked all over and have yet to find anything helpful, if I mised somthing please post the link.

Rich

ok so I was able to do an ok job fixing the holes by filling in the holes to as close a height as I could, then ran some scribbles of different heights through it to give it texture and finishing with the blend tool (I had not found that tool before) I didn't carve it yet but it looks like it will be ok as long as the smother texture doesn't stand out.

Im still looking for help to add depth to the back of the pattern with out changing the pattern.
    Any help would be nice, even if it to say it can't be done...

Rich

You can only carve .75 deep so a pattern deeper than that is not needed. When you chose your board in Designer say 1.25 (5 quarter), but you can only put your pattern down .8 at most. In pattern editor you can set the height.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

The problem is that if you carve the pattern at the same depth as the board it will have some very thin spots... The pattern will not be allowed to be added to the pattern department like that. So I need to find a way to add at lest 1/8" to the back of the board without affecting the pattern. I really dont want to carve it smaller and rescan it again, not only will I lose detail, but it takes forever...

Thanks for you post,
    Rich

Simply use a thicker board. It can be as thick as 5" (the carving will still only be as deep as you specified).