I have reconfigured my Carvewright for what suits me best, and I wanted to relocate the LCD and keypad. Unfortunately, the stock ribbon cable isn't long enough to give many options. I found 1 meter long cables that allowed me to move the LCD and keypad where I wanted. The downside was, I had to purchase a bundle of these cables.

For those of you adventurous enough to make your machine conform to you rather than the other way around, I have a handful of these cables available. Just let me know if anyone is interested.

For me, the Carvewright was a quick turnkey system for woodworking. Prior to this, my workshop has revolved around modifying conventional milling machines for machining metal to CNC. I think most people out there are using their Carvewright as LHR intended, but since I am accustomed to automating machinery to do things that it was never intended to, I do not have much hesitation doing so with the Carvewright. Anyone out there that has or at least given some thought into hacking their Carvewright, I would love to hear your thoughts and experiences to get the most from this tool. Honestly, I am fairly certain that my shop will have a LinuxCNC controlled Franken-Carvewright at some point. Especially if every new "upgrade" LHR releases to be able to use the machine as much as they allow costs as much as it does, switching to the completely FREE non-proprietary software the rest of my shop runs on seems more and more like a no brainer.