Thread: Need assistance on how to layer this on board so all will cut

1. Default Need assistance on how to layer this on board so all will cut

Hi All,

Good morning, I would like to have some ideas on how to this board, I would like the bird of paradise on the base of the board, with our name above, street below, and house number in the middle. I did the way I think it should be done, but I am just not sure this will carve right? I would appreciate any tips you can send my way.

Thanks again

LoriblackdogLori'sovaladdr-1.mpc

I played with it but unfortunate that I have an older version program than the 2.0 try doing under layout and try the snap feature and you need to center your text and size your other patterns to the board you will push these buttons a thousand times learning the programs, don't get discouraged there is a lot of good people here to help......

Quote Originally Posted by Loriblackdog View Post
    Hi All,

Good morning, I would like to have some ideas on how to this board, I would like the bird of paradise on the base of the board, with our name above, street below, and house number in the middle. I did the way I think it should be done, but I am just not sure this will carve right? I would appreciate any tips you can send my way.

Thanks again

LoriblackdogLori'sovaladdr-1.mpc
    Hi, I don't like to use the edge route function, I would use a router table, and if you don’t have that equipment then I would do that with a rectangle and add the bit to that; with the edge route you can get snipe and mess up the carving. Your patterns are too close to the edge. Your B of P flower pattern is not very clean. I added a pattern that I have. If you would like the pattern file send me a PM with your e-mail.

BJB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bird-of-Paradise-flower_2 cw.jpg   Bird-of-Paradise-flower_1 cw.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Very nice address plaque design Lori. I think BJ has given you some nice touch up points in his reworked design. I too avoid using the edge routing function in my CWs like BJB even though I invested in the full set of decorative plunge router bits. Most all of them are still in the CW plastic storage box because I found I was making every sign smaller to keep the router bits safely inside the edges of the board. Easier done on my router table or even with a handheld router and a bearing guided profile bit running around the finished edges.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers