Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I export a mpc image to show someone

Default How do I export a mpc image to show someone

I want to make a sign for my brother who lives in another state. I designed it but I can't figure out how to pull the design image out of the program to send it to him via email so he can see what I am visualizing. I keep thinking it must be something very simple that I am missing. I have tried to print to an image writer but I get half a page in grey tones. What am I doing wrong?

Shelli

With windows 7 there is a tool called "snipping tool" you can use to capture screen images. With designer open and your project sized full in the window start the snipping tool. It will open up a small window. Move the mouse pointer to the upper left corner of the area you want to capture. Click and hold the mouse button and drag it to the lower right corner of the capture area the release the mouse button.

This will open up the snipping window with your captured screen shot. From there you can save it to be attached to your email..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

If you are running Windows 7, it has a nifty tool built into it called "snipping tool". If you hold your mouse over the start button and type snipping tool into the search box, it will tell you how to install it and use it. Hope this helps.

Mike
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

I should have waited another minute to post Floyd.

Mike
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

Thanks guys. That works perfectly. Sent the pic off and got a quick response. You guys rock!!

Quote Originally Posted by mikemi View Post
    I should have waited another minute to post Floyd.

Mike
    Na you just followed up on how to get it started!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I just take a picture of it with my phone and send it that way.

There is also a very nice open source screenshot tool called greenshot. It is compatible with windows xp thru windows 8.1. If you have several OS versions, it is always nice to have the same tools across the board.

http://getgreenshot.org/
    Doug Fletcher

Anyone using Mac can use Command+Shift+(3) or (4). 3 takes a full screen capture and 4 will let you drag a region. No need to start up any external tool, it's built into the OS

well, I learned something more off this particular post, I'm adding it to my arsenal of learned information, thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast