Thread: sweep tool

Default sweep tool

I know I read somewhere about the colored lines when using the sweep tool when I use them now its like a hit and miss when I use it trying to guess where the sweep is going... could someone direct me to the tutorial or what the green, white or red are for? When I use the puffing tool and then the sweep tool I lose my puff..

Tutorial on You Tube may help. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecVnV...yer_detailpage

Red line is center, white line is outside of figure

Quote Originally Posted by aokweld101 View Post
    I know I read somewhere about the colored lines when using the sweep tool when I use them now its like a hit and miss when I use it trying to guess where the sweep is going... could someone direct me to the tutorial or what the green, white or red are for? When I use the puffing tool and then the sweep tool I lose my puff..
    It is not that complicated. The colored lines are on the board and in the edit window. They are a reference to help you draw the cross section in the right place. The only glitch is that the rail sweep does not use them! It stretches out whatever you draw between the rails.

Thank you gentlemen, You both answered my questions.