Thread: not understanding 3-d

Default not understanding 3-d

I'm losing the concept of the 3-d if I was wanting to use three boards at .75 thick adding the total board thickness to 2.25 where do I put the thickness in to start the splicing? how deep do I put the pattern in the board to put tabs in?

In the STL importer, after you have the right orientation, choose the z dimension to be the 2.25. Then in the next window, slice slice. How deep the pattern should be depends on the pattern. Some may need to be double sided.

Hi bergerud, I played with it and on my splice I only had gotten two splices not a third my question is, do I only do the two splices and then do two more splices when its red and in reverse like a right and left side? I had gotten the file I think off the forum not sure but the name of the file is{baby dog stl file}.

I think you just do slice three times. The last slice is not really a slice since the plane is behind the last piece. After that, you decide whether you want to flip the slices or convert to double sided slices.