Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The Woodworking Show 2013-14 Season

Saw bruce at the Atlanta show. I could not stop myself from telling folks about the machine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1394240562516.jpg  
    The Magic of making Sawdust.

So how was the Friday crowds?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    So how was the Friday crowds?
    The show was actually packed, not sure how Bruce did. I have all the software and stuff so no sale to me

Dave
    The Magic of making Sawdust.

Red face The Atrlanta Wood Working Show

Good morning Folks,

This is just a brief update of our weekend and above all I wish to express my sincere thanks to all our CW owners here who took the time to rally around the flag at the booth. This was my first single-handed Show having worked with Jason the first time and Perry Bonin from Louisiana last year so I was a bit unsure what I would face flying solo.

I cannot express how much fun it was to have our current users come by and catch up on what they have been doing with their systems. New and wannabe owners/visitors got caught up in that enthusiasm as their smart phones and iPads were passed around showing off carvings. There were times when five or six conversations were running at once. They talked techniques, maintenance, dust collection and capabilities that even taught me a few things. And I trusted my colleagues enough as I saw them talk with our visitors that I was able to take an occasional restroom break. I don't have many photos to share because the crowds at the booth were too thick and I was acting somewhat like a one armed wallpaper hanger with hives. A great chance as well to line up several training sessions for owners who still have a CW sitting unused in their shops or on the shelf.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0219.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	68059 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0217.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	68060 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0221.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	68061 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0223.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	68062 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0218.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	68063 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0224.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	68064

The crowds were terrific beginning right at noon on Friday up to about 2:30 on Sunday when things slowed down a bit. It looks like six machines were sold by my orders in-hand and several more to come this week after folks decide which credit card to burn and what accessories they want to add. There is also great interest in the new CW-CX and its features and the Ver. 2 of Designer. Several "other CNC" owners want the Slicer software. We went through my entire printed supply of 250 each Sales and Price list forms and about 300 business cards and C model handouts. My thanks as well to Connie and the LHR team for the last minute shipment of handouts and parts. The machine was functioning fine by start-up on Friday and carved all weekend long. My spare table on the left really helped showing you don't have to keep a PC tied into the CW and the 5' long stallions carving really brought through our long board advantage over all the other CNCs. And that table also allowed for my large monitor slideshow display of projects and carvings from the last few years.

If any of our group have other photos please post them to show off our gathering of the CW Clan in Atlanta from all our surrounding states. Again my sincere thanks to everyone who supported us in getting ready for the Show, talking to our visitors and particularly my friend Don Bedell for his aid to your tired Representative when it came time to pack up our tent and send all this along to Joe for the Tampa Show. It was a blast and I'm already looking forward to next year!
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Looks like you did well Capt, good job.
    I'd like to attend a show, but not in the winter.
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Booth looks better than it ever has. Great displays!!
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Like your START U shirt. Glad the show was a success.

Thank you SharonB,

I had these embroidered just in time to wear them at the show in blue and yellow. Certainly helped me feel more professional in representing CW START U and my little business Kinney deSigns.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce

Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW

Bruce,

Great job sir and glad to hear you had a good crowd all weekend. Time to sit back and let your feet and vocal cords rest up.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    Booth looks better than it ever has. Great displays!!
    Thank you Connie and again my thanks for all your help right up to the eleventh hour. That third table was a real advantage since we were not on a corner location of two aisles as in past shows. Also the tip from Floyd and others to go and set up Thursday afternoon was a lifesaver and will be part of my suggestions to others in the future. Thanks again to a great team of supporters.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast