Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Woodworking Show 2013-14 Season

Bruce--it was great to finally meet you in person at the show! Folks, I wandered by the booth 3 times on Saturday and Bruce was engaged with multiple people each time. About mid-afternoon I was finally able to chat for a bit and keep him from eating his lunch! The Booth looked great and seemed to have great traffic flow!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

George
    Life is short....drink the good wine first!

Bonney Lake, Washington, United States, 113160055365328, Bonney Lake, Washington

Nice job Bruce and a beautiful display.
    Tom Watson
    Two CW's and D.C.-Top Mount Insert @ Ringneckblues.com Get the dust out!!
    50" X 48" PDJ Pilot Pro CNC http://www.pdjinc.com

Check out my Facebook page for current carvings at http://www.facebook.com/signsinwood

Watsons Wooden Words http://www.signsinwood.com & Messages in Wood http://www.messagesinwood.com/

Smile Some wrap up notes on Atlanta

I thank you all for your kind comments about the booth and my displayed carvings at the Atlanta WW Show last weekend. I hope Joe Ragsdale will have equal or better success in Tampa several weeks from now. It really was inspiring to meet so many current owners like GHWIZ and WOODEN WIZARD at the show and too many others to name here. Many long term owners stopped by and want to get their unused machines up / renovated / upgraded and to begin carving again so I look forward to working with these new acquaintances and in some cases also providing a day long software/hardware training session.

“My Wife gave me the machine for Christmas years ago but it’s just sitting in my shop. How can I learn to use it?”

In addition to selling new CW-CX systems and accessories I think most START U members who have done a Show will agree this is an excellent opportunity to gain new customers for your carving services even if they are not yet ready to commit and purchase a full system. It may be for a one time gift, a proof of concept piece that will further assure them it can/cannot make what they want to produce with the CW. I was approached by a gentleman who has now commissioned me to duplicate the last remaining example of a Leica camera repair fixture block from the early 1950s. I have several invitations from Woodworking Groups that would like demonstrations and Educators that wish to bring in CWs for their shops since they are safe and tie into CNC education in general. I’ve referred the Teachers to you Connie since they need to deal with “registered firms” to make purchases. Home Depot looks like a likely vendor.

Lori, thank you for all your help getting our new owner orders entered and fulfilled.

May I suggest that all START U hosts who did a Show send your notes on Lessons Learned (Pro & Con, OOPS moments, Customer comments, display items and booth supplies) by PM or E-mail to Connie to share with our Leadership that will make the Show even more successful next year. We were also sought out by reps of the International Woodworking Fair to exhibit there when it rolls into town Aug 20-23, because our booth generated so much buzz. Connie, I have referred them to you folks in Pasadena if there is interest and any arrangements are to be made. I really appreciate everyone who contributed to making the WW Show in Atlanta a success for us and I’m looking forward to the next one.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Only thing I can say is next year make sure the banner gets made.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

The Woodworking Show never was able to produce the custom curtain with our logo on it as planned, so we had to have one made, then it "disappeared" and we had to have a second one made.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Connie is the Houston show still going to be held on Friday thur sunday?
    Steve

Sorry, didn't see this until now.

NO. The Houston show was canceled. Not just us, the whole event. The contract between WWS and venue fell through. They are rescheduling in the fall start of the season.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Thanks Connie

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456