Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just call me troubled one

1. Default Just call me troubled one

Hello,
    I have done it again and not sure what I did.....I went to bring up my project that I wanted to make changes on, however when I clicked on the pattern tool, only Favorites came up which is what comes with the pattern editor, I had, another tabs called Lori's Favorites, but I cannot locate this or any of the projects that I had added to save to pattern editor? I had deleted designer and reinstalled then went to help, manage license, which showed I already had pattern editor. Now I am lost and I am seeking help in getter this corrected. Sorry to be such a pain, but I am trying to learn the ins and outs.

Thank you

Loriblackdog, ,

go to file then open up pattern edter then import pattern.
    OLD SALT

Member CarveWright Start U team

What operating system do you have and just how did you delete Designer?

If you still cannot find your saved patterns use Windows Explorer to search your C Drive (and subdirectories) for "*.ptn" That should show you all pattern files on your PC and you can look at the creation dates and titles to perhaps find what seemed to be missing and where it or they are stored on the disk. Hope this helps from one who has misplaced files all too often over the years. Just like a PC my brain has no problem with storage, only recall.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

5. Default

Hi,
    I have windows xp, I went thru my computer, choose designer and uninstalled, as that is what the directions said to do if I had an older version? I would appreciate any help or ideas.

Thank you
    Loriblackdog

6. Default

Here are a couple of print screens that I am getting and not sure what or why? When I open designer, I click on open recent choose Mason2revisedreadytocarve,mpc,mpw, then when I try to open I get the second screen regarding collections??? Can you explain what this is and why I might have it?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Loriblackdog; 10-08-2013 at 05:46 AM. Reason: left out attachment

7. Default Copy of what my screen is showing

I forgot the attachment

Here the revision for the mason project again. UI simply remade it using a chevy pattern I had - adding a carved region and using IMPACT font

9. Default

Hi Chief,
    I am not trying to be difficult but I saved this perferct piece you sent me to my desktop, however when I go to open it I do not get the option to save to pattern editor? and then when I browse the file under desktop it is not there? This is driving me crazy. I am not sure of what to do now? I would appreciate any help you can send my way.
    Thank you
    Loriblackdog

Quote Originally Posted by Loriblackdog View Post
    Hi Chief,
    I am not trying to be difficult but I saved this perferct piece you sent me to my desktop, however when I go to open it I do not get the option to save to pattern editor? and then when I browse the file under desktop it is not there? This is driving me crazy. I am not sure of what to do now? I would appreciate any help you can send my way.
    Thank you
    Loriblackdog
    Just sent you a private message
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast