Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need help!

1. Default I need help!

I have a couple of projects hat I have a timeline on and my machine is acting up a bit. I have always tried to clean it properly and keep it well lubricated. But two days ago the head was not cranking level, and it resulted in it basically being stuck in a slight incline position. I read the manual on how to level the head and I was able to do it. I believe the root of the problem is the nuts that hold the head tightly allowing it to travel up and down freely, (on the LCD side) are loose. So i tried tightening them up a little and had no luck. I had to improvise with a wahser to be able to fill in the space that was stopping the screw from not moving. On top of all of this, I keep getting all kinds of different error messages. I am just overwhelmed and could really use an outside perspective. I know there are a couple of guy in the Dallas/Fort Area in Texas, any chance any of you guys could hep a fellow carver out. I am willing to talk about paying you for your time, I just need to get this repaired because I usually don't quit on stuff, but I feel like I am in way over my head here.

I am not an expert like some of the folks here, but I have replaced a number of components. Where are you located?

My suggestion is, you call LHR hardware early today, in case you need to place an order for parts we can get it in the mail. Let them help you diagnose, particularly if you are up against a deadline.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

4. Default

I am located in north Dallas right on the corner of the DNT and PGBT pm me so we can talk about addresses and details

5. Default

I might need some parts ordered I will difinitely keep that in mind

I would do as Connie suggested. I was having the same issue with the head and what I thought was they loose jam nut on the keyboard side. After total frustration I called in and the lead tech informed me that the top nut on the keyboard side does in fact float.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    I called in and the lead tech informed me that the top nut on the keyboard side does in fact float.
    If that is true, it is a new on on me. I will have to check my machines.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    If that is true, it is a new on on me. I will have to check my machines.
    Yes it surprised me to.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I suppose it could make sense if the floating was to compensate for the backlash in the gears below. Hmm.

He did say something like that. I can not recall the exact wording so I'm not going to try to explain it....
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast