Thread: Is there a way to save a project, such that it carves only with the carving bit?

Default Is there a way to save a project, such that it carves only with the carving bit?

After I create a project with a series of rings, and lines, and assign different bits to get different profiles, I'd like to some way convert the whole project, such that when run, it will carve the whole project, just using the 1/16" carving bit.

Is that possible?

2. Default

Yes, group the items all together, then select all in the group and under tools choose "make pattern" . You will need to then use the pattern, "ptn file" to make the project. This will use only the carving bit , however it may cause the time the project takes to carve to increase significantly.

There is a way if all of the stuff is yours. Select all, group, and make it into a pattern. Now find the new pattern you just made in your favorites list and put it back on a board. You might need to use bit optimization best to better replicate the original text and cuts.
    Last edited by bergerud; 10-01-2013 at 08:59 PM. Reason: sp

Ok, in doing so, everything seemed to go ok, except that it dropped the draft on one of the circles I was carving.
    Why would the draft disappear?

Also, does it make a pattern of the currently selected group, or of everything in the view window?

It makes a pattern of everything in the group. Feather and draft, unfortunately are not included as parts of the patterns. These effects have to do with how a pattern is carved not what the pattern is.

Got it.
    Thanks.

Try using the V-bits for draft and feather. Then when you save the pattern they save with them.
    "Carved with Love"

Happiness comes from within.
    But joy comes from helping others.

Measure twice... and then sneak up on it!

Sounds rite to me,,, That's how I do it ...
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!