Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "What is essential is invisible to the eye"

Default "What is essential is invisible to the eye"

I have very much enjoyed my machine but for several reasons this will be my final Carvewright project.

I will stop in from time to time to say hello as I've made many friends here and I hope to also meet some of you while on my trip

As always thank you for your support,
    V/r
    Lawrence

my final Carvewright project- another teacher's gift... a journal in red oak

I wish you well on all that you do. Your abscence from this board will certainly be a loss for the rest of us Carvewright users, for as long as we choose to continue. You have done more than most to make this board user friendly and help use with our problems. Please continue to at least visit on occasion.

Lawrence, I (we) will miss your postings and the insight that you have provided in the past. Please visit as you deem fit. Hope to hear from you as you travel in the future and hope that you do stop as you pass through our area. Safe travels to you and feel free to contact me directly. Again, thank you.

Red face By no means Goodbye Lawrence

This isn't goodbye Lawrence,

You and I know that friendships gained among those who have served do not ever really end, rather they extend like the rings on the surface of a pond when a pebble has been tossed in and they travel back overlapping even when the pebble seems gone. I look forward to crossing paths with you again and again. I trust you and your family are going to have a wonderful adventure for the next year all across this Nation you have served so loyally and if your plan holds true the excitement of your move to England.

Your craftsmanship and superb use of your woodworking skills creating beauty for others has inspired us over the years and as I've noted you kept on raising the bar for all of us. The CW was one of those tools and while it seems sad to see your last project with the machine we know you will continue in some new form. But we realize the artist must sometimes change brushes as the canvas becomes larger to paint new scenes of new places. I know you won't be long without tools in your hands as you have too much creative energy and that desire to see what's hiding in that piece of wood. Please do keep in touch and let us enjoy the journey with you all. Teach your Sons well so the heritage of carpentry grows in them.

I was rather looking forward to watching your video contributions from the other side of the pond and thought it would take less than a year there to see you begin spelling adaptations like colour and creeping subtle additions to your dialect and pronunciation of phrases. You'll get used to lifts, lorries and dustmen. I benefited through learning my own heritage there, as your sons will, when I had the opportunity to live in London and Scotland and this too will be a continuation of your family adventure. May your clan live, thrive and prosper Lawrence.

Very respectfully Sir

Your friend Bruce

Capt. Bruce pretty well said it. A new beginning in the chapter of life for you and your family. What a great way to look forward and a great opportunity to see this country and to continue on overseas. I wish you and the family well. Travel safely, enjoy, and look to the future of making sawdust
    Smoken D

Good luck on your new "trek", Lawrence. We will certainly miss your valuable input on the forum. God speed...
    George

Good luck and congratulations on your upcoming retirement. You will be truely missed!

Lawrence,

I am really sad to see you go but very happy for you and your family to have this opportunity to enjoy our great land and to enjoy England in the future.
    You may not know this, but you have taught me many things about the CW just by reading your posts and putting me on the correct path. I thought they were always clear and precise, especially your video tutorials.

Hopefully you will keep in touch with the forum during your travels.

Mike
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

Nice project sorry it will be your last Carvewright project. You will be missed as you helped alot of us. We seem to have been on the same page.

Goodluck !!! I enjoyed many of ur post and will miss it ...
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast