Thread: Adding Z data to the Run LCD Screen in the future.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Adding Z data to the Run LCD Screen in the future.

I would like to be able to monitor the Z Depth as I use my machine and it would be a really nice addition to add the data to the Run LCD Screen.

I use the machine to cut FRP plastic tags on a carrier sheet. From time to time the machine would come up slightly short leaving a skin on the bottom of the tag. Since I print on both sides, the skin fractures leaving a cracked edge. Keeping the machine clean and tuned makes a difference but I may go with a smaller bit that the 1/16th end mill in the future. I use 1/4 inch strips of double stick tape to hold the loose tags in place as I do not use tabs that would fracture. I stop the machine now and pop out the first tag to make sure it is OK.

I will be doing a Vacuum Sled for this project.

I had thought of adding a Digital Readout to the Z like used in a Wood Planer but I though I would ask here first....

I have bid on a Tag Project that would require cutting 200 Sheets of Tags if we do them in plastic. I sent Aluminum samples yesterday but this Industrial Use of my tags could be huge... This is a $38.4 Thousand Dollar Quote..

This addition to the LCD would let me monitor the depth as it cuts.

Just had a after thought... Since the Encoder already makes the pulses as an electronic guy I could tap into the pulse train or since I have old motors and encoders piggy back a 2nd encoder on the back of the Z... and use that to monitor the Z.... Or even add just a encoder sensor to the other side of the first disk...

I wish that talking module for the CW had taken off...

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC09390_WEB.jpg   DSC07498_WEB.jpg   DSC06547_WEB.jpg   DSC03982_WEB.jpg  

Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 09-24-2013 at 12:39 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com