Thread: Selling system, seeking advice and possibly buyer

Default Selling system, seeking advice and possibly buyer

I bought a refirbished CarveWright system along with a bit set and the probe for copying. I only made one little carving and never got a dust collector to get serious. I never used the probe and only the one bit. I did buy a Rock Chuck and got two of the keys used to put it in but never a bit to use with it. I took the collars ooff the bits. I live outside of Statesville, NC and have interest in selling it, but don't know enough about software issues to be informative. The machine sits on a dresser in my mobile home. I will edit this when I figure out if I have the box. I am just wondering what this might be worth and if there is someone close that would be interested in it. It could be I sell it or it could be I learn to use it.

I can gather my parts and put them up on YouTube. One question outright I need to answer is "Does a buyer have to buy software for the probe?"

If you are interested in trying to learn the machine you may want to check for a Start U member or User's Group there by you. You can find the information at this link http://www.carvewright.com/startu It looks like there is a a Users Group in Salisbury, NC and you maybe able to find some help there.

As far as the Pattern Editor Software if it has never been activated then it still can be. If it has by any previous owner then it will not transfer and a new copy will need to be purchased.

Default Thanks, probably will end up keeping it

If I were going to sell it, I probably would need it where it could be demonstrated for someone on Craigslist. I guess I will be reading up on the forums and seeing what it is I need to get started. If I would have gotten a bit instead of two keys for the chuck, I would have kept on going. It was one of those fateful events and I thought maybe offering it for sale might be fateful too.

See you on the forums everyone.

I would be interested in the Rock Chuck and the 2 keys from you or the next owner if the next owner went with a CarveTite.

Good Luck,

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

catawba,

View the CarveWright corner daily, you will learn a lot. Also start by reading the "Tips and Tricks " tutorial articles on the CarveWright site. sorry I don't have a link to that. Happy carving! Any questions post them here. It's a great community!

sent you a private message