Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Business name

One more piece of advice. Credit Cards. Someone had pointed out on a previous post earlier this year that once they started taking credit cards at craft fairs, the number of items purchased increased from 1-2 to 3-5. I took that to heart and signed up for "Square". I cancelled within days for 1 reason. No Phone Support. I needed to find out why it worked on my IPhone, but not my IPad. I chatted with a technician on line who pointed me to a URL that described how to "Swipe" a card across the reader. I dumped them once I found out there is no number to call. I went with Intuit, 24 hour phone support and same fees as square. So we have our next craft show this weekend so I will update you with "Things I should have thought about in Advance".

Quote Originally Posted by lawrence View Post
    "A chip off the old block" Woodworking

"The Sawdust Factory"

Just my .02 (suggestions)

lawrence
    My Son has been using "The Sawdust Factory" for the last four years or so in NJ.

Thanks for the advice about the Square. I was actually thinking about it!

Someone said that PayPal has a mobile card swipe too. Anyone know if this is true and if the interest rates are the same as Square & Intuit?

Quote Originally Posted by Proctorw View Post
    One more piece of advice. Credit Cards. Someone had pointed out on a previous post earlier this year that once they started taking credit cards at craft fairs, the number of items purchased increased from 1-2 to 3-5. I took that to heart and signed up for "Square". I cancelled within days for 1 reason. No Phone Support. I needed to find out why it worked on my IPhone, but not my IPad. I chatted with a technician on line who pointed me to a URL that described how to "Swipe" a card across the reader. I dumped them once I found out there is no number to call. I went with Intuit, 24 hour phone support and same fees as square. So we have our next craft show this weekend so I will update you with "Things I should have thought about in Advance".
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Here is a URL that describes various cards.

http://credit-card-processing-review...rd-processing/

Depending on how much you sell you may want to choose a different company or a different plan. For instance, Intuit has a free plan (which I have) and a 12.95 a month plan. The 12.95 plan gives you a 1% better rate, but right now, I am not selling enough every month to sign up for that. H

This is what I found for paypal :
    All card swipes and PayPal transactions have the same 2.7% rate in the US. When you manually enter a card number (type it in or scan it with your camera), the transaction rate is slightly higher.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12