Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just received my new CarveWright

Default Just received my new CarveWright

I just received my CarveWright last week. It is out of the box and waiting for me to use it. I have been focusing on learning the software first. I am thinking about attending the CNC Jamboree in Lakeview, OH this weekend. I live less then a half hour away. Anyone have any thoughts on this seminar? I need to register soon.

a little bit about myself.... I am a professional woodworker of 20 years, building custom furniture, kitchens, and other built-in units. I started my own business about 3 years ago. I thought the CarveWright would be a great addition to the shop, so, here I am.

Thanks
    Jeremy Miller

Welcome to the forum. You'll find a lot of good guys and good help here.

If I lived that close to the seminar I'd try to go.

When you get there look up Jason from the Little Red Workshop. He's pretty on the ball about the Carvewright.
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

Welcome !!!!

Find Tips and Tricks on the LHR page and study them.

Things to learn are: The 7 inch rule of wood, Scaling, Stay under the rollers? or NOT, Sleds and Carrier Boards, and maintenance of the machine.

Recommend you look over the Dust Collection Thread for the options. Sounds like you Already have the Dust Collector in your shop, it will be a GREAT Addition adding the dust collector to the CW.

I did a above and below collector in 2007 but only use a above collector now, the Ringneck Blues version.

Good Luck,

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC03549_WEB.jpg   DSC03410_WEB.jpg   DSC03551_WEB.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 09-17-2013 at 12:41 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

4. Default

Congradulations on your new machine. The Carvewright machine is very fast at carving, and has the easiest software. You made a good choice.

If you live only a half hours drive to the jamboree then you could get to the Jamboree without having to pay for acomodations. I would definetely go if I were you. I went last year and it's a good place to learn stuff.

I bought my CW in April and had about 30 hours on it when I went to the LHR Conference in Houston in June. Between the seminars and talking to some of the members who have used the CW for years, I picked up more than I would have in 1 or 2 years of using it on my own. I seroiusly thought about going to the jamboree but it is too far from Texas and work once again is getting in the way. The more people you meet who have used the CW, the smarter you will get when it comes to using your own CW.

Welcome
    You will find this is a good buy for your shop. I use mine almost every day.
    It will take you to the next step in your work.
    OLD SALT

Member CarveWright Start U team

Thanks for the warm welcome.
    I will be attending the seminar this weekend. I just filled out the registration. I'm looking forward to learn more about the CarveWright and meeting other woodworkers.

Jeremy

Jeremy,

Welcome to the CarveWright family.
    Happy Carving

Robert D.
    rcdages

CarveWright START U Team Member.

The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut
    that held it's ground.

Jeremy,

Welcome to the CarveWright family.
    Happy Carving

Robert D.
    rcdages

CarveWright START U Team Member.

The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut
    that held it's ground.

From one newbie to another, good luck and have fun!

Chip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast