Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: My board sensor question (yes, another board sensor question)

When you are doing the sensor reading are you moving the head across the board to see if the readings are staying stable?

On your carving, is your board a flat surface or are there any voids on the surface? Like if you are using a jig/sled and have the carving board centered in the jig and have a space between the side rails and the carving board..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

The reading are consistant from side to side. The boards I have tried are flat, good clear pine, no voids and square edged.

Coop2739

I have replaced the FSC cable, the board sensor and used different boards. It still reads 150 and stops at about 2-1/2" from the keypad side. The readout says "clear board sensor". What can I do now?

Coop2739

It reads 150 on the board and 0 off the board? Is the stall during width measurement? A more detailed description of what happens may help.

Bergerud,

Yes, when it starts to measure, it just stops about 2-1/2" in from keypad side. It reads 148-150 across the board and zero when off the board.

Coop2739

It sounds like the sensor is fine and the computer is reading it fine. I am stumped on this one. Did you try to refomat the card and reinstall the firmware? This sometimes solves unexplained behavior.

Found the problem. While doing all the changes I had left a wire over the top of the "Y" motor cooling fins which stopped the "Z" truck about 1/8" short of the home position. This left the board sensor over the board. It looked to me that the "Z" truck had homed but it actually had not so the board sensor did not reset giving me the clear board sensor message.

Coop2739

I had a problem with my door cover switch quite a while ago, and I was in a hurry to get a project done so I removed the switch and twisted the wires together. This indicates the door is closed even when it is open. I had planned to repair it when I received the new switch, but now I have found it very handy to have the door open while jogging the head to a starting point. It is difficult to see with the door closed, but crystal clear with it open. The cut motor switch on the other side is still functioning so the cut motor will not operate with the door open. I may not replace the switch after all. Any thoughts?

NorthWest PA, Just a few miles South of Erie

I was wondering the same thing myself. If anyone has other thoughts I'd like to hear them.

Don
    You can't have EVERYTHING - where would you PUT it?

If you disable the left cover switch, you loose the panic stop option. Lifting the door will stop the motor but not the carving process. The truck will not lift up. You will get a stall or a broken bit. (You will have to fumble for the stop button in that panic situation which you know does happen once in awhile.) It is a trade off.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast