Thread: Clutch Cargo Carving gig coming up and My machine is dead! Help!

Default Clutch Cargo Carving gig coming up and My machine is dead! Help!

I've got an art show coming up, and in preparation for it, I've set up three pieces that involve carving and cutting. The projects are done and ready, but after the carving finished on the first board, everything konked out. I THINK it's my power supply, and I'm gonna go in there and see if I can fix it, but in case I CAN'T, I wanted to ask you folks if there was anyone I could commission for the use of their machine.

I have three boards, about 10 hours worth of carving and cutting at high quality. If anyone (ESPECIALLY someone in New England, I'm located in Providence) has a machine I could conscript, let me know what rates you'd like to charge!

I'm HOPING I can get my machine fixed, but the art show's coming up fast and I want to cover my bases.

Thanks so much in advance!

I am just guessing but since you joined in 2007 you could be having the L2 Coil problem.... It was a problem with the early machines because the girl in China putting the glue on the lolly pop shaped copper coil did not put enough on... When the early QC's were worn out and making BB Marks in the bit holders the high speed vibration caused the coil to vibrate. The flexing of the copper wire caused it to get brittle and snap off below the circuit board surface where it was bent over to solder on the bottom.

IF you remove the muffler and lay the machine on it's back and turn it on with a card in the slot you MAY see the LCD come back to life... Gravity pushes the broken wire back into the hole...

Here are pictures to show someone who has the skill and ability to fix the board.

FSC Cable or the big flat cable was a high fail in the early machines. IF you have the old 18 pin version only the new 14 pin cable is available. IF you plug a 14 pin cable into a 18 pin Socket the wider pins of the cable SHORT OUT the computer.... See Pictures.. A A907 Kit is sold with a 14 pin cable and 2 circuit boards, one for each end.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC03713_WEB.jpg   DSC03710_WEB.jpg   DSC03707_WEB.jpg   DSC03700_WEB.jpg  

DSC06680_WEB.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 09-03-2013 at 10:18 AM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Thanks so much! Yeah, that DOES seem the likely culprit. I'm only asking folks for quotes because this work NEEDS to get done and I don't have any guarantee that I'll be able to get my ol' girl up and working. I'll keep those images handy and see what I can do, but for anyone keeping up: I'd STILL like to know if any fellow New Englanders might be willing to farm out their 'bot for a couple of pieces! =)

I'm in NJ on the Shore .... I'd be willing to help you out... I wouldn't put a charge on it ...

Quote Originally Posted by SevenCubed View Post
    Thanks so much! Yeah, that DOES seem the likely culprit. I'm only asking folks for quotes because this work NEEDS to get done and I don't have any guarantee that I'll be able to get my ol' girl up and working. I'll keep those images handy and see what I can do, but for anyone keeping up: I'd STILL like to know if any fellow New Englanders might be willing to farm out their 'bot for a couple of pieces! =)
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

Quote Originally Posted by ktjwilliams View Post
    I'm in NJ on the Shore .... I'd be willing to help you out... I wouldn't put a charge on it ...
    VERY much appreciated. This community keeps being amazing. Unfortunately, Time is getting too close for comfort, so I'm going to farm out the job to a laser-cutting place. Not gonna be anything near as nice as the CW would do, but yeah. I SUPER appreciate the support, but I've got to pass.

Thanks again for being so helpful!

OK ... Hope UR art show goes good ....
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

Quote Originally Posted by ktjwilliams View Post
    OK ... Hope UR art show goes good ....
    Well, I HOPE the laser folks can take care of me, but in case you (or anyone in this thread) can make this happen without it being TOO much of a pain in the butt, the files are here. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss particulars!

And thanx to everyone for being a great community. =)

Have you found anyone yet ? If not e-mail me at b.sumner47@yahoo.com

Capt Barry

9. Default

Interesting looking project if I was close I would do it for you. Interested in seeing it complete be sure and post a pic if you get it done!

I'm sorry that I did not see your message until this morning 9/9/13 as I'm fully retired today and would have immediately turned on my CW and made sawdust for you. At this point I'm afraid the shipping cost from Atlanta to Providence would have killed any profit for you. I know the feeling of your CW being dead with a deadline looming and would have done these in the spirit of the Forum at no charge except the wood and shipping. Maybe another time.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers