Thread: trying to grasp pattern

Default trying to grasp pattern

I made a pattern that has where the two screens show up to modify a pattern, after you get what you want for a pattern how do you get it from there to your favorites to a board somehow I'm just not getting it...thanks

Click File and save pattern to library, you will be asked for the favorites folder to save it under. Choose the folder and the name, and click save.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

I assume you are talking about the Pattern Editor (PE). To save to your favorites list, you "Save Pattern to Library..." under the "File" menu. You have to give it a name and then it will be in your favorites list.

whew..I have the pattern saved its saved into the import image file where you save it and that is where I'm getting lost at...

OK, I have gotten that far now this is the question that I have, how do I get that file to come up where it is on the patterns side where that has the overlay for the pattern that was saved into pattern editor ? I hope I explained that right.

When U have the pattern in pattern editor, Choose " SAVE TO LIBRARY " U can select and name a new category or U can choose an existing category.. Highlight the category and it will show whats in that category ( if not new ).. U name ur pattern in the space at the bottom and it will be placed into the category U selected .... Open designer, open ur patterns, select the category U save the pattern to and VALLA there it is .....
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

this is the pattern I'm trying to do so now I'm asking how to get the puff tool to light up
    Attached Files Attached Files

What you have there is just a pattern. The puff tool works on closed curves. You would have to do a lot of tracing to create all the closed curves for this pattern. I am afraid you have bitten off more than you can chew. More than most any of us could chew. That is a about the most difficult graphic to convert to a carvable pattern that I have ever seen. I played with it for awhile and gave up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ShrineCircus gray.png  

I' m grateful I missed around with this pattern I learned how to get the patterns on to a board ..thank you for the help...but if you say its too tuff do...it's to tuff to do...TIME TO ABORT !!!...lol..thanks bergerud !!!