Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: POM September

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by chebytrk View Post
    I'm the one with the puppet (right side pic). I call him (puppet) "Woodchip" and that's what all the kids know him by although some call him Elmo or Animal. I go by "Sawdust" (duh?). haha I think Woodchip is the main attraction though. When I visit children in hospitals and they don't feel like talking, they just enjoy seeing him move around and act silly and like giving him hugs. Same when I visit kids that don't speak English and only speak Spanish, I let them know that he's Bi-lingual and we start to converse in Spanish. Yup.. Woodchip is a pretty good "ice breaker" with kids in getting them to open up a little. Don't know why it took me so long to figure out why I'm here and supposed to do! ha ha The guy right below me (Blue Hair) is SLUG. He's 86yrs old and always wanted to be a clown so we hooked him up. He uses a walker (which I made the walker license plate for.. thanks someone here on the forum) and the kids love him. His granddaughter says he moves so slow she gave him the name Slug!
    Very cool. A very worthwhile endeavor, and it sounds like you enjoy it as much as the kids!

Looking good, as all Clown should.
    Happy Carving

Robert D.
    rcdages

CarveWright START U Team Member.

The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut
    that held it's ground.

Looks good for just clowning around!
    OLD SALT

Member CarveWright Start U team

Jerry you do a wonderful service for the kids and your community.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Thanks everyone, but boy did I "hijack" this thread or what? I started all this by asking for a sneak peak of next month's POM & ran this sucker off the track & down a dirt road! My apologies........ so..... here's hoping that Michael can toss out a sneak peek.
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

I just finished, last month's pom tonight, I need batteries for the camera in order to post it. I think maybe Micheal is hard at work making sept. pom or is in hiding....Idunno...lol

My congratulations for all your group does JerryB. You made me smile just with the photo so in person it must be enjoyable for everyone who sees you and a blessing for the kids especially. There might be better things to do with our lives but I sure can't think of one. Bless your heart Sir.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12