Thread: Northern Georgia CW Users Group is starting up again!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Northern Georgia CW Users Group is starting up again!

I'm pleased to invite CarveWright users in northern Georgia centered around Atlanta to join together for the re-start of our Users Group. We got off to a promising but short lived start in 2010 with a few members and a few meetings, but then I went on the road for months at a time working for FEMA at disaster sites. This pattern kept repeating for the next two years and I pretty well gave up hope of organizing the group (or even being there to participate).

I think it's time to get this started again as we have many new owners around here and I'm happy to say I finally get to retire in 14 days so my life is going to be my own again. I think we can all learn a lot from each other and have some fun sharing this craft. Possible advantages of joining the Group would be would be

• Consolidated purchases of parts and loaner stock when it goes down on a weekend. (Been there, needed that)
    • Sharing project ideas and techniques.
    • Some fellowship among like minded craftsmen and craftswomen (bring your better half if she/he is a Designer user as well).
    • Seeing and learning finishing techniques and short-cuts.
    • Gain perspective on sales techniques from those who know what the market will bear in our area. If they won't pay for it, why carve it?
    • Where to buy rough and finished lumber again specific to our local area.
    • Bragging rights as you show off what you've made or designed.
    • Other supporting shop tools and materials that keep us carving.
    • Learn about what does and doesn't work for machine maintenance.

Just some of my ideas and we'd like to hear what you'd like to do or learn if you're interested. I propose we have a start up meeting at my home/shop in late September and all are welcome. I'll provide sandwich fixings and soft drinks or tea. Please drop me a line here on the Forum or at ohneplo@att(dot)net and let me know your e-mail to be added to the invitation list.
    Thanks for your interest.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Hi Bruce,
    As you are aware, I been busy, but ready to get back on the CW! My email address creekwoodresort@winstream.net

Thanks Bruce

Good to hear from you Creekwood and I will definitely include you in the CW NG Group e-mails. Still gathering names and addresses so look for an e-mail or two soon. Thanks for your renewed interest and hope your resort properties are doing well.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce

Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW

Bruce,

FAA has me in South Carolina for a couple months so I may be tied up for a bit. Depends on when you are trying to get together.

Dave
    The Magic of making Sawdust.

Thanks for checking in Dave. I'm first trying to see how many members and potential new users we have in the area and then with a Users Group e-mail distribution list set up we can begin some joint planning. If we should happen to schedule and meet while you are still deployed I'll be sure you get the minutes and some photos of the group as well as what we share. We'll keep you involved and thanks again for letting us know you are with us.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce

Just happened to see this today...

I'm very interested.
    Designer 1.187 Build 10870
    Designer 3.106 Build 38
    Pattern Editor
    Centerline
    Conforming Vectors
    2D Vector Drawing Suite
    STL Importer
    3D Pattern Modeling Suite
    Rotary Jig

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Bruce View Post
    Thanks for checking in Dave. I'm first trying to see how many members and potential new users we have in the area and then with a Users Group e-mail distribution list set up we can begin some joint planning. If we should happen to schedule and meet while you are still deployed I'll be sure you get the minutes and some photos of the group as well as what we share. We'll keep you involved and thanks again for letting us know you are with us.
    Back home. Feels good to be in my own bed. I have not carved in 2 months and have the shakes..haha. Lets get this group together Bruce.

Dave
    The Magic of making Sawdust.