I'm pleased to invite CarveWright users in northern Georgia centered around Atlanta to join together for the re-start of our Users Group. We got off to a promising but short lived start in 2010 with a few members and a few meetings, but then I went on the road for months at a time working for FEMA at disaster sites. This pattern kept repeating for the next two years and I pretty well gave up hope of organizing the group (or even being there to participate).

I think it's time to get this started again as we have many new owners around here and I'm happy to say I finally get to retire in 14 days so my life is going to be my own again. I think we can all learn a lot from each other and have some fun sharing this craft. Possible advantages of joining the Group would be would be

• Consolidated purchases of parts and loaner stock when it goes down on a weekend. (Been there, needed that)
  • Sharing project ideas and techniques.
  • Some fellowship among like minded craftsmen and craftswomen (bring your better half if she/he is a Designer user as well).
  • Seeing and learning finishing techniques and short-cuts.
  • Gain perspective on sales techniques from those who know what the market will bear in our area. If they won't pay for it, why carve it?
  • Where to buy rough and finished lumber again specific to our local area.
  • Bragging rights as you show off what you've made or designed.
  • Other supporting shop tools and materials that keep us carving.
  • Learn about what does and doesn't work for machine maintenance.

Just some of my ideas and we'd like to hear what you'd like to do or learn if you're interested. I propose we have a start up meeting at my home/shop in late September and all are welcome. I'll provide sandwich fixings and soft drinks or tea. Please drop me a line here on the Forum or at ohneplo@att(dot)net and let me know your e-mail to be added to the invitation list.
Thanks for your interest.