Thread: Length measurement

Default Length measurement

I have a simple project 28” long by 2.5” wide with one simple cut. To test the job I used a piece of MDF board with the same dimensions. The machine cut the MDF board to 28”, but when loaded for the project the LCD asked if I wanted to scale the job because the board was 20.05”. I thought because the board has a dark color there might be a problem with the sensor reflectivity so I cleaned the sensors but the problem remained. I tried a clean piece of red oak and used the machine measuring function to measure the board and the LCD read 28”. I removed and reinserted the oak and tried again. Same problem, prior to cutting it asked if I wanted scaling because the board was only 20.05. I repeated this process a number of times, rebooted as well but with the same results. Any suggestions?

Default try this

Use masking tape on edge of the board, it isn't reading the edge. Had the same problem yesterday using barn lumber.
    Happi Carving
    Barb

The Bard Guest

ooooo

aren't YOU the smart one..

Default Bard

Well thank you Bard I'll take that as a compliment. I didnt even have to call Texas either lol
    Happi Carving
    Barb

The Bard Guest

you should call us anyway!

As long as the convo lasts less than five minutes hehe.

Tried the masking tape and it didn't work. Using a new clean piece of oak, the measure function(keypad 7) measured 28" but when project started it measured the board as 21".

Quote Originally Posted by ChipperBob
    Tried the masking tape and it didn't work. Using a new clean piece of oak, the measure function(keypad 7) measured 28" but when project started it measured the board as 21".
    Is that the extra 7 inches to keep it under the rollers?? (3.5 each side...), my machine arrives tomarrow by UPS, so I don't have the hands on yet, but have been reading the forums for about a month.....
    ver 1.162
    -If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it is jammed, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
    -If it moves and it shouldn't, duct tape it. If it doesn't move and it should, Boeshield T-9

Default dirty sensor

Sounds like you might have some sawdust behind the board sensor lens.any reading over 100 I believe they say will work fine.Mine got down to 55 took it apart 2 screws bottom of y truck, pry cover off clean tiny plastic cover on the inside.I did that my readings went up to 130's worked fine
    Ben