Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: August 17th craft show

Default August 17th craft show

Thought I would post a few photos of my booth I had at a craft show last weekend. Lots of new stuff I haven't posted pics of. Wish it had been a better day sales wise, but it was good practice setting up the booth.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI1421.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	948.9 KB 
ID:	64263 One of the examples

Name:	DSCI1413.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	945.6 KB 
ID:	64259Overall shot

Name:	DSCI1412.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	952.3 KB 
ID:	64258

Name:	DSCI1408.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	936.0 KB 
ID:	64256

Name:	DSCI1411.JPG 
Views:	109 
Size:	959.2 KB 
ID:	64257 Pattern I created for boot jacks. Used to take your cowboy boots off for those who don't know.

Name:	DSCI1417.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	956.8 KB 
ID:	64261 A mini blanket chest made from QS white oak, pattern of my own design, with some help from a few here on the forum.

Name:	DSCI1414.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	950.1 KB 
ID:	64260 It came out pretty nice, thinking of putting it in the state fair next month.

Name:	DSCI1420.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	942.3 KB 
ID:	64262 Mail and key caddy I designed. Works great by the front door, put your out-going mail in the box and you won't forget it.
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Disabled Veteran owned and operated
    Visit www.kansaswood.com
    A machine with rock, CS machine, Designer 3, centerline, conforming vectors

2. Default

Some really nice stuff! Craft show sales should pick up in a couple of months.

That blanket chest is something else. Very nice displays all around.
    Custom Stadium Coin Racks for displaying Military Challenge Coins, GeoCoins and the like- http://www.etsy.com/shop/stadiumdisplays
    OR http://shop.ebay.com/stadiumdisplays...&_trksid=p4340

Very Nice work. Like the boot jacks

Excellent collection and fantastic craftsmanship....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Great looking products. My wife and I are getting ready for the "Fall Craft Season" and I don't seem to have enough hours on the weekend to build up inventory. Your inventory is impressive, lots of different type of products. I have been concentrating on a couple of items. I am still struggling with the painting of Plaques, but should get better over time. I am definitely not in your league when it comes to painting. One last question, how are you pricing? That is something else we are struggling with. Well, good luck with your craft season.

Thanks! Yes, I struggle with getting enough inventory together as well. I work by myself and together with being disabled which only allows me to work a few hours a day most times, it can be difficult. As for pricing, I try to make a good range of products. From $5 oven sticks (with my website address carved in by the way) to $20 for the boot jacks... there are some simple $30 carved plaques. I had $150 on the blanket chest, which I thought was cheap considering the time I put in to it... as most of you know sanding white oak can be a chore, and it took a good deal of time just to cut all those box joint fingers! I had almost everyone that came by look at the chest but walk away when they saw the price like it was too high. Pricing is tough, I usually consider how much trouble it was to create, i.e. building, painting etc and come up with what I think is a fair price. If people say something about it being too high or want me to discount it, I explain what was required to create the piece and generally they understand.
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Visit www.kansaswood.com

I have the same problem with the pricing, I must be awful proud of what I make, When you buy bits wood and time you would think it be worth something, they think u should just give it away I think what we make are specialty items lets see then go to wall-mart or walgreen's and see what they would pay if they made them!!
    Last edited by aokweld101; 08-23-2013 at 09:49 PM.

Billings, Montana, United States, 112454482100538, Billings, Montana

IN Montana and Wyoming craft shows, you need some items under $20.00 . That's all they bring to spend .so build it out of lower priced wood . Key boards for $8.00 or $9.00. That's what pays the booth rent. I have been doing craft shows since 1979 . You need to only do juried shows, they seem to pay more for your products. Ross

Quote Originally Posted by aokweld101 View Post
    I have the same problem with the pricing, I must be awful proud of what I make, When you buy bits wood and time you would think it be worth something, they think u should just give it away I think what we make are specialty items lets see then go to wall-mart or walgreen's and see what they would pay if they made them!!
    Amen to that brother!
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Visit www.kansaswood.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast