Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rotary Jig Prototype II revisit.

I have been silent for several weeks about the rotary jig II that I built. Previously, a problem occurred when I tried to initiate a carve operation. I never was able to have the board edge sensor give an acceptable reading. After letting the problem sit for some time, I tried to adjust the sliding plate. Now, I get a board sensor reading of 162, which is good. However, when I attempt to initiate the carve, I still get the message to check the board sensor. What am I missing? Has anyone else built one and seen this problem? If so, what is the solution? The jig positioning is correct.

It looks like I need to read a little further down, before commenting.
    Last edited by Russel; 09-12-2013 at 08:01 AM.

The problem is probability to do with when the rail lets the back roller drop. The way I start is to move the rail back until the back roller just clicks up. To the machine this is the same as the roller being just on the edge of the board. The roller will drop as soon as the x moves. Now put a piece of black tape in the middle of the dowel about an inch (along the circumference) away from the sensor.

When the x starts to move, the roller will drop and the tape on the front will roll up to the sensor. The machine will think the high-low reading from the tape is the back edge of the board.

It may be that you have to tweak the rail - roller lifter setup so that the roller switch just clicks up when the rail is back. I mark the rail with a pencil so I know just when the roller is up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12