Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fossils

Default Fossils

Huntonia trilobite.mpc Huntonia huntonensis trilobite, Devonian age, Haragan formation, Oklahoma

very nice MPC- thank you for sharing it!

now you've just got to carve it about 5 feet tall to freak folks out

Lawrence

The pattern will not come up!! It says it was written in a newer version of my software . Why the heck is it doing that? Ahhhhh!!! I just bought dxf and stl , i don't even know what the heck they do. I love a good trilobite!! Freaky little devils. lol

Yup....... me too. I get the same thing about a newer version. I wonder if it was made in 2.0
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

We that do not have the newer software are already seeing this happen. If it is a MPC made with 2.xxx then we are out of luck.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Gosh darn it, I carve fossils too, but do not have 2.0 and can not see it.
    Carvewright A machine 2007
    Carvewright C machine 2013 DC-Insert
    Mavric iMac i7 16gig latest version
    Designer 1.187, Designer 2.04, Centerline Text, Conforming Vectors, STL importer, DFX importer, Pattern Editor and probe

This makes for a real condrum for those of us that like to share projects (not just patterns)

... I want to use the newest software because it is pretty awesome... but I want to be able to share things with others (doing so is a good part of the joy I get from my carvewright designing)

It's just frustrating... maybe future versions will allow you to open in the older versions but not use the actual new tools? (I'm just thinking out loud here) I don't know the answer, but do know that the number of versions/add ons etc feels convoluted to me and I know is causing frustration/questions from others (I field some of their questions as well as I can when I can but I obviously don't know what the future holds and am not a representative of LHR, just a customer and we are all pretty much in the dark as to what the future holds and when)

but again, really nice pattern

Lawrence

For those without 2.0
    Attached Files Attached Files

Earlyrider,

Thanks so much for sharing your great fossil MPC with those of us who have not been able to upgrade to the latest Designer yet. That looks like a great carving and I second Lawrence's idea of a five foot tall version! Now I need to find a full scale T Rex skull. Thanks again.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Thank you!!! A nice mammoth or mastodon , dire wolf, cave bear, sloth, fish, keep em coming!!!! Seriously can you do a megladon tooth, sloth claw? Just seek it in in between broken bones. lol Thank you for the post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast